Rubber or braided hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry tbone,

Talk slowly. Is PET Polyester-TPU or Polyether-TPU? While I agree that purchasing Nitrile core hoses in the future is probably the way to go, I don't want to discard new hoses if they are safe.

PET is polyester

tpu is thermoplastic polyurethane fwiw

So from you quote those super flex could block my regulator? May i ask why you came to to conclusion they use the wrong material as i dont see it no were.

So from you quote those super flex could block my regulator? May i ask why you came to to conclusion they use the wrong material as i dont see it no were.

I called Randy and asked him

I have had 2 or 3 rubber hoses fail, although they were old and well used. No failures with braided yet.

The life of a hose is like rolling Dice... The only thing we "Know" is the plastic liner in "Some" super flexible hoses broke down and failed in away to clog the second stages..

I had a rubber high pressure hose blow just past the crimp with no warning and only a few months of use...

The only thing that we can do is keep a eye on them and replace when needed.. OH.. And hope they fail above the water.

Jim..

the goodyear/gates hoses use Buna-N/Nitrile for their hose lining, I prefer to buy those. Those hoses will have "made in USA" marked on them and should have Gates or Goodyear on them.
Is there a ready source for those hoses or are they custom made?

I have used both. I lean towards rubber now. This is purely my preference but I don't like the way the braided hoses feel on my neck or the noise they make rubbing together. That's sort of a silly reason, but preference is what it is.

B

Silly reasons are why we do half the things in life..

Jim..

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom