Prism 2 BMCL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meivi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were told they would release in the early 2017 wich they postponed, and said more information coming later.

Later on they've promised that they will release them this year at least...

Anyone heard any news about these?

Since AUP was bought out by Huish,... I think things are still in a big disarray. Looks like Huish has a bigger mess on their hands than they imagined. I would guess next year may be the earliest you may hear anything about the BMCL's. Right now they are just trying to still organize.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, it was difficult to get in stock products shipped within two weeks of placing the order. That has been back to normal now at one to two days. So maybe they are over the hump with some of the integration and can start looking at product development again.

mh i see, but arent the BMCL already developed? or do they still have some more tests n stuff to do?

We were told they would release in the early 2017 wich they postponed, and said more information coming later.

Later on they've promised that they will release them this year at least...

Welcome to Hollis. I was told they'd ship just after DEMA 2014.

I remember how long it took to actually get a pair of the small counterlungs and the bailout regulator after they were announced. I don't know if they ever did come out with a stand.

I don't have any dog to pick in this fight except to say that I remember when they were announced in 2014 and "shipping" January 2015!

A friend of mine got frustrated waiting and installed the Subgravity BMCL kit on his Prism 2 and likes them.
I feel this might be be a better option for people waiting on Hollis for anything..

Gen 2 Backmount CounterLung - Subgravity

And how about the MAV and adding diluent manually ?

and way to drain the counterlungs incase a minor flood ?

Is it possible for him to upload some pictures here on what it looks like on his P2 ?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom