Dive knife, Sea Snips, or both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note. The Cutter Case can be found here: The Cutter Case™
I like it because it dries out nicely, keeps the blades from rusting, and makes it super easy to attach to the bungies for my Shearwater

cuttercaseshearwater.203764

Cuttercaseshearwater

What does the back of the Cutter Case look like? All the pics I have found show only the front.

I have a small blunt-tip diver knife mounted on my BCD. Never use it in 12 years I've been diving with it. Lucky me I guess.

Some dive sites like Cabo Pulmo in Baja California, the DM disallows us to carry knife. So, that was fine by me.

I have a small blunt-tip diver knife mounted on my BCD. Never use it in 12 years I've been diving with it. Lucky me I guess.

Some dive sites like Cabo Pulmo in Baja California, the DM disallows us to carry knife. So, that was fine by me.

I have a similar knife. I think, after hearing these responses, I'll continue to bring it with me.

Bandage / Trauma shears - even the cheap ones - are much better for dealing with fishing lines than slashing with a knife, IMO. I bought this 6-pack and keep one in a pocket when diving, and stashed the others around the house for general use. One blade is slightly serrated and it grabs and holds the lines while you cut it.

https://www.amazon.com/ASSORTED-RAINBOW-FIRST-RESPONDER-SHEARS/dp/B072YT114S/

I have a similar knife. I think, after hearing these responses, I'll continue to bring it with me.
Yes, *Winter is coming.* [Cue Game of Thrones theme] Nothing like a sword!

Diving long enough, one may experience the real need to pry, cut, or hit. A knife does all of these equally well in a rather feeble way underwater.

It was always intended to be a land device where you can put your weight into it. [/OPINION]

Last edited:
LOL

Wow....there's a use for a knife that I never thought of! Maybe I'll bring my knife after all. Quick followup, what kind of knife was that?
Not sure exactly what knife he has, it's a BFN he straps to his leg. I use a wakona squeeze lock.

Not sure exactly what knife he has, it's a BFN he straps to his leg. I use a wakona squeeze lock.
BFN? Hooked on phonics? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom