Paralenz - Worlds first action camera for divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intova was designed for diving. Camera is embedded in housing.

Then you're right. They should change their tag line to something more correct. Maybe "Worlds first 4k action camera built specifically for divers" would be more appropriate.

@kelemvor

Out of curiosity, who else makes an action camera specifically for diving? There are a number of cameras that'll do 50-60' but I haven't seen any that'll go deeper without a housing. I've blown a GoPro housing at 100' and had them basically tell me to shove it, even though I provided photos of the problems with the housing seal that were obvious manufacturing defects. I bought in to the kickstarter because I liked not having the extra failing point.

(I guess there's the notable exception of the Liquid Vision line of masks that don't fit my face even a little bit.)

I think it's referring to the fact it has a depth gauge. I don't know if any other camera that has that?

The tg-4 (and I think the tg-5) has a depth sensor. I don't know if it overlays any of the data like the paralenz but it definitely let me know when I was nearing the operational limit.

any idea if they are considering doing a model with a display?

Work with a Dm who recently purchased one. He loves it so far

any idea if they are considering doing a model with a display?
Given the form factor, that would be a complete redesign. I doubt it for the near future, but I don’t work for the company. I just own one.

So... A cylindrical GoPro- but without the land functionality?

Pass.

So... A cylindrical GoPro- but without the land functionality?

Pass.
You can still use it on land, no problem. Depth correction would be turned off, and you can use it just like you would any other camera. Photos, videos, time-lapse video, burst images, and slow motion video...I love mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom