Scuba Romances?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife doesn't dive. I met her in India and went snorkeling with her.... not because she liked snorkeling..... or water.... or fish.... or anything remotely related to scuba diving.... but because she wanted to have sex with me and she saw snorkeling as a means to an end......

On that snorkel trip we saw a nautilus in shallow water AND a sardine ball...... I was going crazy... I mean a NAUTILUS IN SHALLOW WATER.... and a SARDINE BALL on the same snorkeling trip.... I was transported.... It felt like the hand of God had created the perfect snorkeling trip to make this women fall for me....

As it turns out she didn't know what a nautilus was...... nor did she care...... The sardine ball was huge and impressive but she only found it "scary" and got all cramped up at which point I had to tow her back to shore...... .

20 years later and my daughter dives with me. When she was little my diving gear was her favorite bath toys.... my wife still doesn't care......

R..

on 9/12/17, FettSolo said: " I was on a first date on Sunday that was going well enough until, in the course of conversation, the lovely woman across from me said, "Do you scuba dive at all?""
<SNIP>

She sounds like a keeper!!!! :wink:

Adam

My husband got me into diving, now we dive with our daughter. Lots of fun along the way, but we both like action adventure travel vacations of different types, not just scuba.

Steve C you are fortunate to have a wofe like this. so many have issues with the other spending time else where and hobbies like scuba can be a time demanding sport that can easily seriously test the resolve of younger relationships.

Oh Yea sorry about the farkle thing but the specific was not that important compared to the mutual concession to engage in (happioy) in a variety of activities that one the other or both can enjoy.

I met a girl online whose profile pic clearly indicated she was a diver. It was great for a while--we took a few dive trips together--but our mutual love for scuba wasn't enough to make it in the long run.

A few years later I met a girl who did not dive but said she had always wanted to. She followed through with it. We have been married and diving together for quite a few years now.

congrats on your find. I am in my 60's now and the time and effort to train a spouse (jesting) takes too long to not set some expectations at the beginning, which we did 3-4-5 years ago when we met.

Had to look up farkle. Might make a good AOW test. Try to play farkle and keep score in your head at 120 ft on air.

I still need a cheat sheet... And the SI is the time we are not on a trip.

congrats on your find. I am in my 60's now and the time and effort to train a spouse (jesting) takes too long to not set some expectations at the beginning, which we did 3-4-5 years ago when we met.

She wasn't even yet my fiancee when she decided on her own to take the OW course. We were hardly even dating yet. I think she told me she was going to do it, and the next thing I knew she said her OW checkout dives were coming up. I'm glad it was all her doing, and I didn't even have the opportunity to inject my two cents if I had wanted to.

On an unrelated (to your post) note, and to continue my story :), eventually we got married on Curacao and honeymooned on Bonaire. In a favorite one of our wedding pictures--on a beach, of course--in the distant background you can see scuba divers emerging from a shore dive.

Okay, that's all I've got.

That's a great story, @Lorenzoid !

I've definitely been enjoying everybody's contributions to this thread, let's keep it going!

Oh, and I'll add that the second date (with the girl I mentioned in my original post) went equally well, definitely more dates in the future... I hope it keeps going this well!

Back
Top Bottom