Rescue Dive. To log or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree to train like you dive.

But yeah most of the dives were 2 minute long.

I ended up merging them as 1 day dive each day where I recorded what I did.

BTW for those taking rescue soon, it's a great course. Always be on alert though as apparently people drown all the freaking time. Especially when you are your most dress down state. On day 2 I never unzipped or removed my weight belt lol

One of my issues in Rescue was surfacing a non-responsive diver and being able to monitor my ascent rate. Heck, even being able to tell whether I was ascending or descending. My Rescue class was in a pretty low viz quarry. I had to re-do after my first attempt because I surfaced us too fast.

I needed my computer to tell whether I was ascending and how fast. And I learned to wear it on my right arm instead of the left, where I used to wear it, so that I can see it while I am holding the non-responsive diver's reg in their mouth with my right hand and controlling buoyancy with my left hand.

I have logged every dive in open water I have ever done. I label each as either a "teaching dive" , a divemaster dive" a "training dive" (if I was a student) or a "recreational dive". I think something is worth noting on every dive. But I do note the different purposes/
DivemasterDennis

*snip*
In Rescue was surfacing a non-responsive diver and being able to monitor my ascent rate. Heck, even being able to tell whether I was ascending or descending. My Rescue class was in a pretty low viz quarry. I had to re-do after my first attempt because I surfaced us too fast. /*snip*

Absolutly! This is wher the aubible alarm can help too. When I'm the unresponsive diver I make sure my alarm is on. I brief that if the ascent is too fast I'll breakaway - and often do :)

So yeah, keep computers on during the OW segment

Absolutly! This is wher the aubible alarm can help too. When I'm the unresponsive diver I make sure my alarm is on. I brief that if the ascent is too fast I'll breakaway - and often do :)
Not always easy. I was once being the victim. I felt the rescuer settle on top of me and get ahold of my inflator hose. I then heard the loud "whooooosh" as he filled my wing to the max. The instructor should have been positioned to prevent that, but he wasn't there. I exhaled for all I was worth as I got to the surface in a few seconds.

When I play the unresponsive diver I just keep my hand on my shoulder dump. Did not wear my computer for any of my rescue dives or victim dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom