What kind of cutting tool do you have and where do you mount it?

How do you mount your cutting tools? What kind and where?

• On wrist

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • On dive computer

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • on waist belt

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • on shoulder strap

Votes: 46 32.2%
  • in pocket

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilobite on shoulder strap, just above my hip. Small knife and titanium shears in a utility pocket depending on the dive.

Jay

3" blunt knife w/line cutter in locking sheath mounted on my LP inflator hose. I'll add shears in a pouch on my right hip if diving solo.

I used to have a plan to use multiple knives in various locations... but in reality I just have the little 1" blunt knife on my harness waist belt. Never used any of them underwater. That is not to say I have never gotten tangled, but it is always something catching my first stage and I either take off my bcd and remove it myself or my buddy does it for me. If I dove in an area needing metal line cutting ability I'd add sea snips.

Can anyone add some explanation of incidents where you had need of a knife - especially more than one?

I used to have a plan to use multiple knives in various locations... but in reality I just have the little 1" blunt knife on my harness waist belt. Never used any of them underwater. That is not to say I have never gotten tangled, but it is always something catching my first stage and I either take off my bcd and remove it myself or my buddy does it for me. If I dove in an area needing metal line cutting ability I'd add sea snips.

Can anyone add some explanation of incidents where you had need of a knife - especially more than one?

Northeast Wreck diving... That's all I need to say... Bolt cutters and Hammer and chisel on 2nd - 3rd dives when needed.

Jim..

A Riffe dagger style freediving knife for dispatching fish on my waist belt. A swiss made very sharp short blunt ended cutting tool for any line also on the waist belt of my newest model Freedom Contour Plate. A BFK, and I mean BIG with an 8" blade used for harvesting scallops, and that's kept on the inside of my left calf.

I guess I'm the only one that still has a knife on my calf...
I still wear a blunt tip knife inside left lower leg.Old school but works for me. I have EMT shears right BCD shoulder strap and a life hammer/seat belt cutter in BCD pocket.

I use a 3" multipurpose knife attached to my LP hose and a pair of EMT shears in BC pocket.

I have a pair of ER snips pushed into a short length of plastic tubing that is fastened to my backplate through some prefabricated holes with tie wraps.

@scrane do the snips need two hands to remove from tubing, or slide out easily underwater? I just bought OMS brand shears that I have not decided how to mount and your idea sounds like a good one.

IMG_4198.JPG

Lol

Back
Top Bottom