Aqua Lung Pro HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscheier

Contributor
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the AL Pro HD. This will mostly be used in warm water. I was also considering the Cressi Aquaride Blue Pro. I like the large pockets of the AL and the large opening in the back that allows you to thread the gauges through (I use an integrated watch so normally never look at my gauges on a dive). Only real drawback (that I see) is the lack of D-Rings on the shoulder straps.

Anyone have any positive or negative thoughts with respect to the AL Pro HD?

Thanks

J

positively buoyant iirc, so it means extra weight. it also doesn't travel that well as it is a fairly large and bulky jacket bc with weight integration.

i would go with the zuma if you want weight integration or the outlaw instead and get some dive shorts for storage. clip off your gauges with a bolt snap.

if you want to have more drings, go with a bpw or a hybrid like the transpac.

Thanks. I'm not worried about travel as that will not be an issue. Extra weight is something to consider.

Thanks

J

This is the BC I used during my OW training. I don't have much to compare it to but I thought it was comfortable and didn't have any issues. Seemed to be decent quality.

If you don't care about travel, then it's a great BC. We se the HD as our rental BC, and as we operate a charter they are rested at least 100 times a year and they look like new with only routine care and maintenance. I also use them for my students and use one myself during pool and check out dives. Don't think you can go wrong with this BC.

I agree with above. We have 15 in our rental and they're a solid piece.

I am considering purchasing the AL Pro HD. This will mostly be used in warm water. I was also considering the Cressi Aquaride Blue Pro. I like the large pockets of the AL and the large opening in the back that allows you to thread the gauges through (I use an integrated watch so normally never look at my gauges on a dive). Only real drawback (that I see) is the lack of D-Rings on the shoulder straps.

Anyone have any positive or negative thoughts with respect to the AL Pro HD?

Thanks

J
You might also want to consider the AL Axiom. Me and my wife own this BCD. Very comfortable fit, light enough (we have travelled with it to several different places and its quite light) and quite durable (Over 100 dives and no visible signs of wear and tear)

Back
Top Bottom