Kubi glove options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broncobowsher

Contributor
Reaction score
Have the Kubi rings. Work great. The gloves that come with them are pretty nice as well. Good fit, good dexterity. Have not used them in super cold water, but cooler water they are working nice. I really have no issues with them, except...

They are black. And in the dark they disappear. They super disappear. Hand signals, pretty much a joke. Looking for something with some color to them. At this point I am not even going to be picky about color. I've looked at the usual suspects like Atlas 620, but with the way the Kubi seals they just won't work. Most every other dry glove on the market seals on the outside surface, but the Kubi seals in the inside surface. So the typical cotton lining will just wick water right in. There are a ton of glove options on the net, but most of them are just a wild gamble if they would be a good choice or not. So before I roll the dice I figure it would be good to ask any Kubi owners what they have found that works.

Oh, if you need the original Kubi gloves, ZORO dot com and search G17k.

Kubi sells a "cream" color version. Santi sells a grey version. Or you can flip your black gloves inside-out as they are white on the inside.

In dark water the grey Santi gloves aren't that visible ether.

Zoro has gloves in other colors that are a different thickness than the G17K (which are 30mil). Actually, I think the "K" suffix in that is specifically a color code (K=Black).

Flip them inside out.

Learn how to use a light to show your hands when signaling.

_R

Have the Kubi rings. Work great. The gloves that come with them are pretty nice as well. Good fit, good dexterity. Have not used them in super cold water, but cooler water they are working nice. I really have no issues with them, except...

They are black. And in the dark they disappear. They super disappear. Hand signals, pretty much a joke. Looking for something with some color to them. At this point I am not even going to be picky about color. I've looked at the usual suspects like Atlas 620, but with the way the Kubi seals they just won't work. Most every other dry glove on the market seals on the outside surface, but the Kubi seals in the inside surface. So the typical cotton lining will just wick water right in. There are a ton of glove options on the net, but most of them are just a wild gamble if they would be a good choice or not. So before I roll the dice I figure it would be good to ask any Kubi owners what they have found that works.

Oh, if you need the original Kubi gloves, ZORO dot com and search G17k.

just fyi you can use the atlas gloves (or any cotton lined gloves) with the kubi ring, you just have to flip the cuff so that the seal with the ring is happening with the external part of the gloves (and the o-ring is than sandwiched in the gloves), there was an older thread around here that explains it pretty well

just fyi you can use the atlas gloves (or any cotton lined gloves) with the kubi ring, you just have to flip the cuff so that the seal with the ring is happening with the external part of the gloves (and the o-ring is than sandwiched in the gloves), there was an older thread around here that explains it pretty well

Yes, I use Showa black cotton backed gloves, no problem. I have photo step by step instructions if anyone needs them. First time is bit of a pain it once you figure out how to contort your fingers they can be swapped out in a matter of minutes.

Back
Top Bottom