Looking for a good place to purchase a 40" LP hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Leisurepro sells a Hollis 40" LP hose but not sure if it will fit my Scubapro G260.

jetstream. and you need to add the opv to the first stage if you use an adapter.

should have covered my a$$ on that one as a Poseidon diver...

Jetstream and Xstream come from Poseidon with adapters included and OPV's have been built into their first stages for 20 ish years?
Cyklon does still need one though and omni is the only people making those and no OPV required

I've had good luck with the hoses from Piranha and they are usually where I'll get mine. I've also been getting hoses lately from Vintage Double Hose (same hoses that Piranha carries) but they don't stock a ton of sizes.

all regulators use the same fittings. Cave Adventurers is a good place, especially if you're getting the swivel with it

Not so. In particular, the Mare Abyss uses a different fitting in the DFC port of the first stage.

DRIS and NESS are good places to get hoses, too.

Not so. In particular, the Mare Abyss uses a different fitting in the DFC port of the first stage.

DRIS and NESS are good places to get hoses, too.

was trying for current production regulators, but the DFC is 1/2", same as older Apeks on the first stage. Adapters and 1/2" hoses are both available. If we're going that route, there are a slew of vintage regulators including the Poseidon Cyklons that use weird threads
1/2 To 3/8 Adaptor

was trying for current production regulators, but the DFC is 1/2", same as older Apeks on the first stage. Adapters and 1/2" hoses are both available. If we're going that route, there are a slew of vintage regulators including the Poseidon Cyklons that use weird threads
1/2 To 3/8 Adaptor

The Abyss and (more to the point) MR22 first stage are still current. https://shop.mares.com/us/diving/regulators-octopus.html?p=1

I'd love to know where else I can get 1/2" rubber (not Miflex) hoses that fit. Do you know of a source for them? It's not just the 1/2" fitting; the ID of the fitting needs to clear the OD of the tube in the DFC port. This was a problem when I tried to have hoses made to order. I tried to get the vendor to send me some fittings I could drill or bore to suit, get re-chromed, and return for use, but they wouldn't do it.

I have no clue whether anyone else uses the larger fittings in current production. I wish that Mares had not used them, frankly. As an Abyss owner, I was quite grateful for their NA Sales guy for getting me replacement rubber (non-Miflex) hoses last year, as they seem not to market them in the USA any more. He had the factory make them up when he was in Italy and brought them back for me.

I'm not quite ready to replace these regs just yet. They have served me very well for over 10 years. But I don't want to add another O-ring in the system, so if hoses dry up I'll get new regs.

Prospective Abyss owners, take note.

Back
Top Bottom