Aquabionic cetatek warp1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiversL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Thoughts on the aquabionic cetatek warp 1 fins? Couldn't find much feedback/reviews on its performance on kick styles/power etc? Your inputs would help

First the good news: I really like the way they functioned - they were light, comfortable, and very maneuverable. They also could generate some serious thrust if you kick hard. I found they worked just as well for technical kicks as they do for flutter kicking around. I had no difficulty frog kicking or back kicking in those fins, and while scuba diving, that's predominantly all I do. When I used them for some free diving, however, I found they could really crank with flutter and dolphin kicks, too!

My first pair of scuba fins were the Scubapro seawing novas. They were comfy and fast for flutter kicking, but they were mediocre for frog kicks, and really not great to back kick in. The lack of performance across all kicking styles ultimately made me feel like they were a gimmicky fin, so I started searching for a replacement...which led me to the warp 1's. When I got them, I was worried they might be gimmicky, too, but I was always happy with their performance.

Now the bad news: Note that all my references to these fins are in the past tense. For my pair, at least, I found they were not as durable as I would like. On both of my fins, the area in the middle of the fin where the different materials meet started to separate. One finally separated to the point that it wasn't really usable anymore. I seem to remember that they lasted me somewhere between 75-100 dives, all in open water. I don't think I'm particularly hard on my gear for open water diving - it's my cave gear that gets punished. These are the only fins I've ever had that fell apart on me, no matter where they were being used. At our aquarium, for example, the Atomic fins there get dove several times a day, and are NOT treated gently. They may not be pretty any more, but they sure still work fine.

I have since gotten the deep 6 eddy fins, and I really like them. I've not used them to snorkel or freedive, so I'm not really sure how comfortable they would be for lots of flutter kicks, but they have solid thrust when I need it, and they work great for tech kicks. They are also crazy light, which I really like. I have 2 pairs - one for open water wetsuit diving, and one for cave diving in my dry suit.

How did they perform in strong currents? No leg fatigue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom