For Sale Free: Old Scubapro Compass - Buyer Pays Shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrumhornDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an old Scubapro compass I'd like to find a good home for. It was given to me by my uncle who used to dive > 20 years ago.

The magnet seems to be stuck at an odd angle below the lubber line. I've given it a few good whacks to no avail. It's probably more of a collectors piece or something to tinker with rather than something to dive with.

I've used it on dives in 2016 (before the magnet was stuck). The magnet would stick slightly, but it would give true direction after a good whack and a few seconds to adjust. My dive buddy always had a working compass just in case.

It's free to a good home. Buyer pays shipping or gets it from me in person in Richmond, VA.
2017-09-20 22.39.48.jpg 2017-09-20 22.39.44.jpg

That's cool you should keep it could be worth something in years to come

That's cool you should keep it could be worth something in years to come

I don't think I want to keep it. I'm not sure how much it'll be worth since it's not working. I also try to keep my "stuff" to a minimum. I was a packrat earlier in life.

I'm sure someone else would enjoy having it more than I would.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom