Din to Yoke adapter suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylergoehle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Apeks XTX200 with the Din connection. My tanks and fill station are set up for Yoke. I bought the Apeks adapter, and it sticks out pretty significantly and digs into the back of my BC. Does anyone have a suggestion for a low profile Din to Yoke adapter that would work better? Thank you.

there are no low profile adapters as it is a pretty fixed design.
Apeks will have a din-yoke conversion kit that should be ~$100 or so where you actually convert the first stage to yoke which will be the only low profile solution. You'll have to determine if it is more cost effective/convenient to do that, or to convert your valves to DIN which will accept an adapter for filling and use the DIN you have on the regulators

at $35 a piece for DGX convertible valves, I know what I would do......

I have the Apeks XTX200 with the Din connection. My tanks and fill station are set up for Yoke. I bought the Apeks adapter, and it sticks out pretty significantly and digs into the back of my BC. Does anyone have a suggestion for a low profile Din to Yoke adapter that would work better? Thank you.

There's no materially better adapter for the reg.

Since you have your own cylinders, I would suggest taking rhwestfall's advice and replacing your cylinder valves with DIN. If you're not in a hurry, DGX sometimes has take-off Thermo valves for sale for around $25 (but not at present). Otherwise their generic valves are fine. You can get a fill adapter or two as needed for your fill station if you find the inserts inconvenient.

Or do both. DIN adapters are nicer to dive (in my opinion) so having convertible valves on your tank is a good idea. Convertible valves have "cores" that can be removed/installed easily making them DIN (core removed) or yoke.

When you travel by air and have to rent tanks using a DIN<->yoke adapter is a pain, so having the Apeks yoke connector for your reg is handy. It's not very hard to replace the connector on your reg, I do it when I travel to places that only have yoke tank valves.

There's no materially better adapter for the reg.

Since you have your own cylinders, I would suggest taking rhwestfall's advice and replacing your cylinder valves with DIN. If you're not in a hurry, DGX sometimes has take-off Thermo valves for sale for around $25 (but not at present). Otherwise their generic valves are fine. You can get a fill adapter or two as needed for your fill station if you find the inserts inconvenient.

Thanks for the advice. I will most likely replace the valves on the cylinders and get adapters for the fill station. I've had good luck with DGX so far so i will probably go that route.

Or do both. DIN adapters are nicer to dive (in my opinion) so having convertible valves on your tank is a good idea. Convertible valves have "cores" that can be removed/installed easily making them DIN (core removed) or yoke.

When you travel by air and have to rent tanks using a DIN<->yoke adapter is a pain, so having the Apeks yoke connector for your reg is handy. It's not very hard to replace the connector on your reg, I do it when I travel to places that only have yoke tank valves.

The DGX valves i was looking at have the removable core, so i will definitely go for them. Thanks for the advice. Will definitely hang on to the adapter for travel as well.

Back
Top Bottom