I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's circular staircase logic.

Insulation is going up:

IgBcQXU3zDi_4sakkGvT-EqhNNTZx1c_fGhvr4vrmpTmfkhpRg-A9kbkbZYAe22zSZcPt8YuTlSj28a19g=w1204-h903-no.jpg

I've been killing myself trying to get these staples out of the fence post. The spiked hammer/fence plier dealy bob is frustrating as all get out. I saw this device that you can get over in England... it's about $80 and way over engineered. However, the way it got behind the wire and used the wire to pull out the staple inspired me. I bought a run of the mill prybar and then put a 1/4" slot in it. It slides behind the wire and then pulls the staple out with the wire. I think I spent $6.00 on the prybar.

MUrRmzGr34pJjfmzeA9PtVBJCydWpVzsfPLI5DG0eVs3d4M0IQaNFP-7Sh1i-oZU1y9eZTcmDNo0nqeDxeQ=w678-h903-no.jpg

I'm looking for inexpensive windows. The Jalousie windows are all missing panes, are too small, and hell: they're Jalousie windows. Where does one get used windows???

I'm looking for inexpensive windows. The Jalousie windows are all missing panes, are too small, and hell: they're Jalousie windows. Where does one get used windows???

Try here first

Alachua Habitat for Humanity

Not sure how it is in Gville but in Tampa/St Pete our habitat stores are loaded in windows. The majority of them here are brand new unused from large jobs such as subdivisions where the contractor ordered too many and donates them to get a tax credit. My buddy got 100% of the windows for his house from habitat. It can take several trips to get them all, but if you're not in a hurry it's a good choice.

Then tragedy strikes... When you live by yourself, your health is critical. I've been nursing a bum knee since I got here. I've had good days and bad days. I put in one window today, and I really stressed it while on the ladder. Then I went to sit on my rolling stool while working on the table saw. It slid back and in trying to recover my balance, I really hyperextended my right knee and am now in scads of pain. I had to use a 2x4 to hobble to the house. So much to do! I really don't need this.

I worry more about working alone in my shop than underwater. There's a lot of horsepower in there spinning stuff that could chomp my bones like a food processor chomps a carrot.
I would as well.

The amount of joiners/carpenters that I know with parts missing from power tool malfunctions is staggering. If you treat all the machinery as if it wants to kill you you will not be far off.

OK,,I don't want to sound, well, forward, but,,,you are an instructor, and from what I've read, a good one!! Have you thought about bartering for some assistance with your new home??

OK,,I don't want to sound, well, forward, but,,,you are an instructor, and from what I've read, a good one!! Have you thought about bartering for some assistance with your new home??
Come on down! :D I won't turn anyone away, and I'm more than generous in return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom