Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I "think" a large will work fine

Thanks for the prompt reply! I dropped you a conversation message :)

I ordered a pair of XL. Based on the sizing I'm using. "Super " rk3 at the moment. Looking for a stiffer fin. I'll compare them when they get in. I have 2 rk3, white and black. I'll be ordering a set of rk3 hd soon too anyways. I've never tried true jetfins.

Wider and longer than my rk3. Xlarge however is smaller than my super rk3. No problems with aqualung wetboots. I'll probably get my dry boots in for a test soon. Xxl turbo soles. Pleasant stiffness too. That said, the rk3 aren't shelved by anymeans. I just have a wider selection of tools. +1

Any update if/when Large eddy fins will be available in softer compound?
Just ordered some.. so approx 4 months

I ordered a pair of white Eddy fins in size small/med. First I found the spring straps were way too short, so I replaced them with the springs from my F1 fins. With the longer springs the fins fit my size 8 foot in 5 mm neoprene boots well, with some pressure on my toes. I tried them in the pool and compared with Force Fin Pro, and Oceanic Accels. They were the most powerful of the three. The Force Fins were a bit more comfortable because they did not touch my toes, but the Eddys had more thrust and I could do the frog kick even though I'm not proficient in it. I'm going to ask Deep6 if they can send me longer springs (from the large fins) so I can replace the springs back to the F1s.

I recently was able to use my Eddy Fins while diving in the Gulf of Mexico.

I was very pleased with the fit of the fins. I wear a size 11, and the size large fit well with a 3 mm dive boot. This was my first experience using a "jet" style fin. I found the fin to provide good power.

I wasn't sure I would like this style of fin over the Mares Quattros I have rented in the past, but was quite happy with the Eddys.

My turn!

I'm not really looking for a new set of fins, but I dive every day in a commercial environment... So I regularly drop a bit of coin here and there to test new stuff and make sure I've got the latest and greatest.

I've heard great things about the Eddy fin... So I'll ante up.

I learned to dive in the 1980's in a set of Quattros. Loved them for years - then went DIR and found the shorter, stiffer Jet fin to work better for my new kick styles. Around 2002 I sold my old Quattros and over the years have tried countless fins... But always go back to my Jets. I have two pairs of XL's... One with a short Halcyon spring heel for my 5mm Scubapro Deck Sole wet boots, and one with a long Halcyon spring heel for the SiTech "tech" (soft, thin sole) boots on my drysuits. I also have a set of Hollis F1's - I think in a size XL. The F1's foot pocket is way more comfortable, but I prefer the weight and kick feel of the Jets... So my go-to is the Jets, but I'll swap to my F1's if I know the job is going to exceed a few hours.

The idea of having the stiffness and thrust of my Jets with a more comfortable foot pocket sounds amazing.

My biggest concern is the lightness of the Eddy fin.

I am always very firmly in a size 11 shoe, across all brands. Feeling like my size XXL (11) SiTech boots on one of my drysuits might be a little large, I went with an XL (10.5) on the next drysuit... Nope. Toes a bit cramped. Always a size 11.

1. What size Eddy fin do you recommend?

2. Any news on your "heavier" version of the Eddy fin? I think I'd prefer a specific gravity of 1.5 over ~1.0. Should I wait?

3. I'm in Savannah... And have promised myself to visit you many times over the years. Can I come buy you a beer? It'd give me a chance to try different fin sizes anyway. :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom