This how a Eel return in a hole!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Admittedly at 0:14 it does look like the eel turned back to defend itself against the diver, so probably in future the diver should keep a bit more distance?. I'm sure no harm was intended though and it doesn't pay to make assumptions about what happened before videoing began.

Interesting video non the less. Thanks for posting.

That eels can dig and hide in the sand. Never knew that. They can do it pretty quick too!

The people that tried to suggest that you were harassing the eel need to consider that you didn't kill it, damage it or capture it.

Wow - you have a pretty limited definition of harassment. I wonder if you would consider it harassment if someone huge and dangerous looking stalked you and chased you around your neighborhood.

Wow - you have a pretty limited definition of harassment. I wonder if you would consider it harassment if someone huge and dangerous looking stalked you and chased you around your neighborhood.

You analogy will apply to almost EVERY SINGLE diver going diving and observing or taking video/photos of marine life. I suppose this is why fish piss and crap in the water, they are scared of these divers.

Reactions: BRT
A garden eel (Heteroconger) will only leave it's burrow if it is moving closer to a mate... they do not generally free swim. They eat plankton by swaying back in forth in their burrows which are reinforced with a substance they excrete from their tails to fortify the walls. When approached by a predator they will retreat down their burrow and even seal the top if needed.

You worry about harrasing sea life then you sit down to a fish dinner? Lol!

harassment” is: Unlawful violence, like assault or battery or stalking, OR. A credible threat of violence, AND. The violence or threats seriously scare, annoy, or harass someone and there is no valid reason for it.

Back
Top Bottom