Prescription mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IIRC Prescription Dive Masks are the folks in Cali who custom-made blank tempered glass for my favorite old mask. My rx had changed, the old bonded rx was useless, and apparently optical epoxy really IS forever. But these guys said no problem, even custom cutting and tempering was just routine business for them.

Right now, I just make sure to tell the guys on the boat that I can't see a thing. If they're waving at me and expecting me to signal back...ain't gonna happen, don't get upset about it.

On a related issue I took a plastic fresnel 4x magnifier under water in our pool and I found it did almost nothing. I guess the index of refraction of the plastic is too similar to water to magnify. I believe glass also has a similar index of refraction so I don't understand how taking a magnifier glass can work under water.

Back
Top Bottom