Is there a good Web site for last min liveaboard deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbahr

Contributor
Reaction score
We usually plan our own trips, but we have had some luck with last moment opportunities. Thease have nearly always been lucky, though.

Thanks

Ray

I don't know of one, but it is an interesting idea.

Areas with a lot of golf courses frequently have websites where you can go and make last minute tee times at a significant discount at courses that are not sold out. You can also go to travel websites and get last minute flight and hotel packages to places like Cozumel or Belize. It would be interesting to have a clearinghouse for such openings on dive boats.

The first time I did a liveaboard was about 15 years ago, on the Great Barrier Reef. We booked the trip about a year in advance, paying top dollar for the premier room. Our enjoyment of the trip lessened a little as we talked with the other guests, and realized that about half of them had had no plans to be on a liveaboard until a few days before the trip. They had been accosted on the street with an offer they could not refuse. My next few liveaboards were in very remote places, and I was part of a large group, so that was not the case. My last one--again in Australia--once again featured people dragged in off the street. I have to assume those people were paying a heck of a lot less than we were.

I think it would have to be in a place like Australia, where there are people who just happen to be there who might be able to go off for a week of diving at the last minute. If we are talking about Chuuk or the Galapagos, where you have to plan plane fares well ahead of time, it might not work so well.

Hi Ray and John,

While Diviac doesn’t specialize in last-minute liveaboards, we do have a section of our website dedicated to last-minute deals.

Just pop over to our special deals page and then apply the filter that says “within the next 30 days.” From there, you can pick your destination. Right now, we show over 30 liveaboard deals for departures within the next month.

Our 24/7 sales agents are also very good at finding last-minute offers. Feel free to send them an email or give us a call.

I hope this helps a little bit. As always, happy diving!

@Diviac and other booking agents should consider publicizing this service more. This question about where to find last-minute liveaboard deals has been asked before.

I booked mine yesterday with Diviac. Okeanos Aggressor 1 for Okeanos & Bat Islands 7 nights for $1940.
I don't know anything about the dive sites. lol Hopefully I did not make a mistake. 1st part of November.

www.divingspecials.com has a pretty good selection of offers too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom