First Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylergoehle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, I know there are probably hundreds of the same threads, but am looking to purchase my first drysuit. Live in NE and am 5'9" 190 with wide shoulders. I currently have a XL 7mm Henderson wetsuit and am looking at the Aqualung Fusion. Anyone that has this suit that could give me an estimate of what size i would need? And is it worth paying the extra for the Aircore? I have always lived by buy once, cry once and don't want to wish i had spent a few hundred more a couple years down the road. Thank you.

Try Santi beforebuying. Just yesterday we were at ECDIVERS Brookline, trying on the Santi and it took three size tries to get my hubby the comfy fit. But once sized correctly, it is the best. My daughter and I tried both fusion and Santi e.motion and prefer Santi over the fusion's snug fit. We are new to drysuit too
Before w BUY, we will have to dive the different suits as rentals to be sure they are as comfy in the water as out. Good luck!

Last edited:
I wouldn't look at either if you are looking to buy once and cry once unless your body size changes regularly....

I'm definitely open to other suggestions. The Fusion is what my local dive shop carries, which was the original thought behind the choice.

Contact Mike at Dive Right in Scuba. They sell a ton of drysuits and can help you choose the correct one for you.

www.diverightinscuba.com

They are my local shop but do a ton of online sales. Mike is the owner.

I dislike the zipper placement on the Fusion big time. I had a rental for a pool session.

Whatever suit you get, make sure to get the replaceable seals.

I dislike the zipper placement on the Fusion big time. I had a rental for a pool session.

Whatever suit you get, make sure to get the replaceable seals.

I will definitely get replacement seals and will contact DRIS. Thank you.

The Fusion is a love it or hate it suit (I love it). Be sure you get to try the different options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom