New diver - where to get regs serviced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a buddy that did that, and was very happy.

I get the same feeling as you from dns retail store. Service is good if Jocko is still there.

Full disclosure, I service my own equipment these days.
Jocko is still there.

Oh sweet, mail-in service is even better! Glynn will be my guy.

In the meantime I've been looking at vids for DIY servicing the G250 and MK10. They're pretty simple, and if I had access to air I might just do them myself the first time.

buy the tools and a cheap tank on craigslist? or rent one for a day?

Glynn services regulators for most of the dive shops in the LA area, typically with one week turnaround. You can either drop off & pick up with him, or at a dive shop. See Malibu Scuba Repair for the shops he supports (it's not a complete list)

He is in the process of moving to a bigger shop, so coordinate with him if you're planning to go visit. He just keeps getting busier, which should tell you a lot about whether he is good. He tests everything after service with automated test equipment (you get the report with your gear back, along with all the old bits and pieces). Very impressive setup

Glynn services regulators for most of the dive shops in the LA area, typically with one week turnaround. You can either drop off & pick up with him, or at a dive shop. See Malibu Scuba Repair for the shops he supports (it's not a complete list)

He is in the process of moving to a bigger shop, so coordinate with him if you're planning to go visit. He just keeps getting busier, which should tell you a lot about whether he is good. He tests everything after service with automated test equipment (you get the report with your gear back, along with all the old bits and pieces). Very impressive setup
Or you can simply mail your regs to him. No need to involve a dive shop.

With the full disclosure that this is my operation and he's my employee, also give some thought to Robert Stark of Reef Seekers. When we closed our storefront ten years ago, we moved our entire repair bench into Robert's garage. He does excellent and once we start servicing your reg, follow-up bench-checks are free. 7-day turnaround, we can do pretty much any mfg reg (Robert can give you the caveats), and we also offer concierge service, where for an extra $25, Robert comes to you an dpicks up the reg and then delivers it when it's completed. or you can drop it off at his place (or ship it). He's just north of LAX near Manchester/Lincoln. Direct phone is 310/947-8523 and e-mail is reefseekersrepair@gmail.com.

Authorized SP Dealer and experienced depot & volume regulator repair/maintenance support of LA County Sheriff, Fire, and LA Port Police dive teams as well as Catalina USC/Wrigley Marine Science Center dive operations.

Pacific Wilderness is the Leader in SCUBA Gear Sales, SCUBA Training & SCUBA Repair.

Last edited:
I stopped by Dive'n'surf and found out that repairs are in a completely different building. This gave me hope, so I brought my regs in and got to meet Jocko. He seems really great and I feel like my gear is in good hands.

Thanks. I see Eco Dive Center actually sends the regs out according to their website.

Dive N Surf is up the street from me. I didn't get the best feeling from the retail department so I thought I'd ask here just to be sure. I'll stop in again, otherwise I can bring the regs to Aqualab (where Eco Dive sends equipment to).

Pacific Wilderness does all of the services in house, including hydro's.

Back
Top Bottom