Where to dive in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you live in Georgia, USA then I agree the Yucatan area might be a good choice. It was untouched by the hurricane and is a quick relatively inexpensive flight. You often see big critters as well as colourful little guys, and the cenotes are fun for the more experienced and good alternative if the seas are rough. The only drawback is that dives can get crowded, but you can pay more and get private dives to avoid the cattle runs- which I have done before. I'm headed there in two weeks- looking forward to doing a couple more cenotes.

Maldives. for coral, colorful fish, big Manta's, great liveaboard diving.

Nice time of year to be diving.

I'm sure you will get lots of tips from those who have been there and done that.

Have a good time wherever you end up splashing.
We would like to stay on land as there are 2 new divers. We're not sure how they would do on a boat 24/7.
We are thinking about Grand Cayman. Is it good to dive there in November. As in plenty of wild / sea life and clear warm water? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I want my 2 buddies to fall in love with diving as much as I have. Thank you

Indonesia is great although it is rainy season. On the other hand: the sea is wet too... Otherwise: The Philippines. Closer to home: Belize or the ABC's. In Bonaire, lots is shore diving without current. You walk in, you walk out... And there is lots to do for non-divers too.

We would like to stay on land as there are 2 new divers. We're not sure how they would do on a boat 24/7.
We are thinking about Grand Cayman. Is it good to dive there in November. As in plenty of wild / sea life and clear warm water? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I want my 2 buddies to fall in love with diving as much as I have. Thank you

Cayman diving is usually very good in November, we are heading back there in Oct/Nov. The water is warm, the reefs are lovely and there are loads of wonderful fish and sea life.

But November is the end of the hurricane season and the start of the winter season, so you can run into issues with rainy weather and high winds - that's pretty common for most Caribbean islands around that time of year. Bonaire and Curacao are further south and they are less likely to get hit with winds in November but it can be rainy - and there is no guarantee wherever you go.

Give us an idea of when you plan to go, what you want out of a dive vacation, how much diving do you want to do, approximate budget etc. and we can give you some good suggestions on where to stay and dive.

Last edited:
Agree with @KathyV - Grand Cayman would be lovely in November. I would also strongly consider Bonaire in November. Additional info would be helpful.

Unfortunately you can't schedule sea life. The best sites can have bad days.

I've dove Grand Cayman before and had a great time. St Marten is wonderful as well.

As long as it's wet its a good dive.....

I just returned fron Splash Inn on Roatan with a group of 14. Had a great time saw banded shrimp, sharks, manta, octo. Divemasters were laid back, dive sites close by with 3 dives a day plus night dives several times a week. Easy to get to from your area. Pm me if you want any more info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom