Deepblu COSMIQ+ users' experiences please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm after a new recreational dive computer and see there's been a relatively new kid on the block, the Deepblu COSMIQ+.
I like its features being rechargeable and data transferable wirelessly to an app, and wondered what peoples experiences and thoughts are please?

My daughter and I both use them and have no complaints other than in shallow clear water the face is a little hard to read. The sync and set-up via the app is super simple and easy to do, just log on- set the computers preferences (meters, feet, 24 hour clock vs 12hr, and the few other things you won't set each dive) then go dive. The fear from people here seems to be the setting up of things via the app, but the only things you set there are things you won't change each dive. The things you set each dive air, nitrox etc are still done on the computer it's self. The charger works great and is easy, we charge it each night before the dive and are good to go. There have been complaints of it being to conservative, but I'm a pretty conservative diver, since my 13 year old is with me, so that's no issue for us. Over all...I like the computer quite a bit. I only wish it was a little easier to read in the shallower bright water.

Thanks for that :) , what about your personal dive log, can it be exported from the online source to maybe a spreadsheet or offline accesible software? I read a review but it was soon after it had came out and not sure if this has changed?

I Recently received an E-mail from cosmiq that mentioned that they'd made it possible to log your dives offline, but I haven't really looked into it at all. I do post some of the logs on cosmiq's site. but both me and the kiddo use a paper log as a diary to look back on and remember what we saw and weights we used etc.

You're welcome. Hopefully others that have used it will chime it, but I really think you'll like it. It's small, easy to set-up (much easier than my genesis react-pro), Easy to read and understand (minus the shallow bright water), very intuitive and overall quite nice.
This being scubaboard though...do be prepared for the inevitable "don't buy that $300 computer that does exactly what you need it to do. Buy this $1,000 computer instead even though you'll never use 1/4 of it's features" lol

I'm between the COSMIQ+ and an Oceanic Geo 2 for a second computer. I have an air/hose integrated computer as my main.

I also need a new watch for everyday wear. Thinking the Geo might take care of both...

I used to think that would be a good idea but my watches take a beating and I decided I don’t want to subject my dive computer to everyday use.

I'm between the COSMIQ+ and an Oceanic Geo 2 for a second computer. I have an air/hose integrated computer as my main.

I also need a new watch for everyday wear. Thinking the Geo might take care of both...

The Deepblu is quite conservative, even in its most aggressive mode. The Geo 2 runs DSAT.

I just purchased one to try on our trip to Puerto Vallarta later this month. For the price I figured it would be a good backup and hopefully something my wife can use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom