DIVE TANK LIGHTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Couple of questions concerning tank lights (beacon, or whatever). I just bought a little one that is white, you twist it to turn on, and it has a small little hook. Where do you attach this light to your tank? Or do you attach it to your first stage? Thanks

Just attach it to first stage. I put my on Yoke connector or at hose where it srews into 1st stage.
IN that case you wont forget it on tank, etc.

Just attach it to first stage. I put my on Yoke connector or at hose where it srews into 1st stage.
IN that case you wont forget it on tank, etc.
Do you just tie it on?

I replace whatever cord they come with with a loop of thin bungie. This way I can loop it around something and through itself without it being too dangly.

I used one for the first time this weekend to help my wife with her comfort level in murky water. I looped it over the octo hose but because the string isn't tight, it slipped down the hose during the walk of the shore entry. It never made it back to the high point because of contact between the hose and the BC. It should probably have part of the attachment go around the first reg as u/Frod suggested. Then it will be at the high point. I am also toying with the idea of trying it secured to my top tank band (my BC has two).

Do you just tie it on?
yes, just use 20 cm of cave line to tie it the same way as you tie snap bolts to hoses.

tho i dont know what kind of light you bought. i use cheap chinese ones, which are automatically activated when in water. like this one:

LED Deep Drop Underwater Diamond Flash Fishing Light Squid Strobe Bait Lure NEW | eBay

1) they are for deep diving 1000 m deapth
2) has a battery for about 200-300 hours, so good for 200+ dives.
3) no need to switch it on/off before the dives. it activates itself when water touches contacts.

brightness for nice clear water on sunny day is low yes, but for night or murky water dives - you can see your buddy far away!
they cheap as nothing. so you can actually put several ones on you. i once put 3 beacons on me (back, chest and left side) when we were diving in murky waters at night with less then 5m vis. my buddies said they could find me without any problem any time.

I just tie it onto the first stage.

short loop of cord which then goes through the yoke/DIN thread and trapped when connected to the tank. Lights I use are + buoyant which keeps it up and out so as not to interfere with the valve.

Back
Top Bottom