A trip to the chamber in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Nice Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
6176643408_IMG_1948.JPG
6176643408_IMG_1925.JPG
Highly recommend tour 6176643408_IMG_1948.JPG given by the hospital

Attachments

• 6176643408_IMG_1932.JPG
    6176643408_IMG_1932.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 6176643408_IMG_1951.JPG
    6176643408_IMG_1951.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 6176643408_IMG_1963.JPG
    6176643408_IMG_1963.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 6176643408_IMG_1961.JPG
    6176643408_IMG_1961.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 143
Was it just a tour or was it a mandatory trip?

Looks like a great idea for weathered out days. Can we just call them up and ask for the "tour". Who is the contact person? Phone number?

Looks like a great idea for weathered out days. Can we just call them up and ask for the "tour". Who is the contact person? Phone number?

Messaged them from Facebook page asking for a tour. They responded very quickly. Deb, as mentioned above was great.

I spent 5 days in this FABULOUS hospital ( DSC2 hit for no apparent reason) The staff is amazing, ocean view rooms, order lunch and dinner off the Rock N Java menu.
The staff in the chamber was amazing. Obviously, I saw many docs and they were all first class. The hit happened at the beginning of our 5 week stay, so no more diving. We are headed back for 5 weeks in October and Dr. Garcia ( the head of the hospital) will test me for clearance to dive or not.
I don't wish this experience for anyone, but Cozumel is the best place if you have to go in the chamber and this hospital is one of the best in Cozumel in my opinion. I did have to visit Dr Gomez at Costa Med to get DAN approval for additional (over the 7 limit) chamber visits and he was great also

Debby! The blonde gal w/ glasses is Debby Bollag - longtime Coz lover and diver. Lives there now and practically runs that new hospital on 5th downtown.
Cozumel, Mexico – SSS Chamber Network
I was just walking around downtown one night last trip and recognized Deb across the street getting some air - yelled "Hi Deb!" I suppose that she's used to be recognized on the island, she didn't seem shocked or anything, but I was thrilled.

We had a nice, little chat - then I asked her if she might know where I could find some hydrocortizone-antibiotic ear drops I used to get in Coz. I like to keep those handy in my hypochondriac bag for any overnight trip, especially diving - but occasionally I get an ear infection without diving, know what works, and don't have the stamina to endure the pain until I can see a doc. She walked me into their pharmacy, got the nice lady to help me, and I got a nice price as well.

The hit happened at the beginning of our 5 week stay
I think most injuries happen at the first of a trip. Sorry you took a hit and hope you never do again.

Hello everyone. Regarding the tour, you may phone to warn us that you are coming (local# 872-1340) or just walk in and ask reception for a tour. Bring your questions!
All Best,
Deb
Hiya Deb. I don't see you posting on FB any these days. I'll never forget watching you hit up boarding passengers for Red Cross donations at the airport. Such style.

Hi, Don. I had a great time over my years with the Red Cross and, after my departure, it was by pure coincidence that I was able to take part in building the hospital. The work continues to gobble days, weeks, months and I love it. That jbjclj is recovered and actually enjoyed his hospital stay means the world to us.

Deb, I am the one who " enjoyed" the hospital stay. We talked several times.
Cheryl Jones

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom