Trip Report Roatan Aggressor Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Gang -

We are just back from our Roatan Aggressor voyage. I'm still in Roatan and only received internet connectivity today, so the full trip report will be forthcoming later in the week. We extended our stay to visit our Media Luna dive buddies here on Roatan and get in a few more dives :)

Until I am able to complete a full trip report, I will just say...WOW! This trip was so well organized and well conducted. The crew of the Aggressor were top notch. Each performed more than one role aboard the vessel, and perform they did. I honestly don't have one single complaint about our week at all. We did deal with poor visibility all week, but the Captain of Roatan Aggressor continuously moved us to different sites seeking better conditions. We could not have asked for more.

We were part of a trip conducted by Stephen Frink, so this trip was all about the photo opportunities. Mr. Frink ran a top notch trip and I was completely thrilled to witness him practicing his profession. He captured some amazing shots. What amazed me most is what a fantastic person he is. I was celebrating my birthday week on this trip, so when I told him how much I enjoy purple tunicates and how much I would love to have a photo with one, he was happy to oblige. Not only that...he gave me the completed image to use as I wish. So, I wish to share it with my dive buddies here on ScubaBoard!
Frink_BayIslands_243.jpg

I was given a copy of the slideshow of our week by the Aggressor staff. (Permission to use as we wish) Unfortunately, there's no way for me to get it uploaded at this time...the full report will follow soon!

Hi Gang -

We are just back from our Roatan Aggressor voyage. I'm still in Roatan and only received internet connectivity today, so the full trip report will be forthcoming later in the week. We extended our stay to visit our Media Luna dive buddies here on Roatan and get in a few more dives :)

Until I am able to complete a full trip report, I will just say...WOW! This trip was so well organized and well conducted. The crew of the Aggressor were top notch. Each performed more than one role aboard the vessel, and perform they did. I honestly don't have one single complaint about our week at all. We did deal with poor visibility all week, but the Captain of Roatan Aggressor continuously moved us to different sites seeking better conditions. We could not have asked for more.

We were part of a trip conducted by Stephen Frink, so this trip was all about the photo opportunities. Mr. Frink ran a top notch trip and I was completely thrilled to witness him practicing his profession. He captured some amazing shots. What amazed me most is what a fantastic person he is. I was celebrating my birthday week on this trip, so when I told him how much I enjoy purple tunicates and how much I would love to have a photo with one, he was happy to oblige. Not only that...he gave me the completed image to use as I wish. So, I wish to share it with my dive buddies here on ScubaBoard!
View attachment 428742

I was given a copy of the slideshow of our week by the Aggressor staff. (Permission to use as we wish) Unfortunately, there's no way for me to get it uploaded at this time...the full report will follow soon!

Agree with the DIVA, wonderful trip. vessel, crew, food, diving, top notch! Too lazy for a personal trip report, I'll tag along with cajun divas,

Reefman
Key largo

Come on dude - at least pick up the slack while I'm gone :confused::p:)

Glad to hear it went so well. I look forward to more details and the slideshow.

So, from a diving perspective, and allowing it's been reported in other threads that different regions of Roatan (e.g.: north vs. south coast) feature different diving, care to opine how the diving itself compares from the Roatan Aggressor vs. the land-based Roatan diving you've done?

I imagine a number of people who find this thread will want to know.

Richard.

Richard, I will answer you in detail...I promise. It's just that right now all I've got is my phone, and typing with thumbs sont do one reply justice! I'll be home on Thursday evening (God willing) and then the conversation will ensue :cuddles:

I am amazed by people who can "see" such an image and then photograph it.

I went to see Alison Krauss last week. Same thing - she opens her mouth and incredible music comes out.

For those of us who are engineer types and artistically cgallenged , that sort of thing is beyond belief.

On our way home from Roatan - wouldn't want to miss the arrival of Nate!

Still reveling in the memories of our trip. Until I get to my computer, here's another of my favorites!

FB_IMG_1506993335983.jpg

CD.... I read the "Captains Log", I read what you wrote.

I think they should have you write those "logs", very informative between you and Reefman.

Back
Top Bottom