Roatan Aggressor Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beluga2

Contributor
Reaction score
I put the Captain's Log of dive sites from Jun 03 to Sep 16 in a spreadsheet. Note that they may do more than one dive at any particular site, especially, Mr. Bud Wreck on the last day. I also tried to harmonize the site names a bit. There may be a few mistakes since I didn't read the logs carefully.

Roatan Aggressor

The Aggressor missed the Cayos Seamounts only on one sailing. They often pass on Utila.

Out of the 201 sites visited in this period:

88 north side of Roatan
68 south side of Roatan
30 Cayos Cochino
15 Utila

I, too, was analyzing the "Captains Log" page from the beginning. There was a lengthy gap that has since been filled in retroactively. Two or possibly three people have authored it since the first trip, so in maybe 15 entry weeks, there have been some obvious style & information changes.

I realized pretty early that it gave me a fair idea of which sites were visited, but no idea how many dives were executed per mooring. Comparing their path of travel to weather records, you could see that they charted a very smart (and conservative) course of any particular voyage. (Note 6/10 voyage) Bravo to that, but very few potential passengers have any clue how restrictive Bay Islands weather can crimp the advertised Golden Ticket itinerary that enticed them in the first place. Posting that dive site map on every ad is no marketing mistake.

They used to post first names of passengers, so you could determine how many passengers were aboard. This has stopped. They once gave a nod to any passenger who splashed for every available dive. This seems to have stopped, but the actual number of total available dives was never listed.

If you know these dive sites as well as we three first posters, the choices of some sites makes you go hmmm. I think they are very restricted (so far) by the very limited moorings that are available to accept her tonnage. We also have a different perspective because we know weather patterns and the actual spatial relationships of these 4 zones that they utilize.

I think their biggest draw and benefit will be the understandable panache of being an Aggressor franchise (if they can keep up the level of bread and circus while in the 3rd world), and here's the big one... Market heavily the totality & variety of underwater diversity that they can expose you to. And do it all in one week, you've now seen it all.

Liveaboards seem to draw well and have longevity (at any price) when there are no land based options.

Last edited:
Note on Roatan Aggressor dive sites:

Just achieved internet connectivity after completing our voyage aboard the Roatan Aggressor. Will limit this post in response to the dive site speculation.

From Sunday, September 24th thru Friday, September 29th, I completed a total of 21 dives. I missed one late afternoon dive (simply because I was dog tired) and did not do the 5 night dives offered. So I COULD have completed a grand total of 27 if I had been an iron diver like @reefman!

My personal 21 dive sites:
Taviana Wall
Taviana Wall.
Mandy's Eel Garden
Half Moon Bay
Sea Mount #1 - Cayos Cochinos
Sea Mount #1 - Cayos Cochinos
Toon Town - Cayos Cochinos
Toon Town - Cayos Cochinos
Black Hills Sea Mount - Utila
Black Hills Sea Mount - Utila
Jack Neal's Point - Utila
The Pinnacle - Utila
Aquarium - Utila
Blue Channel
Spooky Channel
Cara a Cara
Cordelia Bank
Calvin's Crack
Mr. Bud
Mary's Place
Mary's Place

Note: Other than day 1, any sites you see listed twice were repeated by choice. On the last day, the guide found a frogfish at Mary's Place and all of the photographers wanted to go back in for photos.

Full review forthcoming!

I'll tag along with Cajun diva' s list an add 6 more dives, 27 total. 5 days of five dives offered followed by 2 dives the last day. Caribbean diving at its finest!

Reefman
Key largo

We nailed the posted itinerary: Roatan, seamounts, cayos cochinos, utilia, Roatan. Wonderful diversity of dive sites with complete group participation input on repeating or not individual sites

Reefman
Key largo

Why didn't you wave??? We were aboard last week :hugs:
i did wave, once when you were going round the cays, once when you anchored off of my house for the night and once more when you were moored on the northside in front of turtle harbor !!!

Back
Top Bottom