Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

South CASPERSIAN
Vis 8-9 ft
Water temp 82
Jelly fish showed up last few days be sure to wear skin protection like full rash guard even sun buff works for face .. still lots of great finds from hurricane Irma , one of our divers send us pics from his dive w us ..

Attachments

• IMG952330.jpg
    IMG952330.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 2017092995154925.jpg
    2017092995154925.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 97
10/7/2017 2p - Alhambra - My first try here and at shark toothing!

Conditions were horrrrrible. Swells up to 7' made entry and exit with doubles cumbersome.
Followed directions found here and elsewhere to swim out from pipes about 500' - I think this was too far, but I'll never know...
Viz - Down to 15' about 2'. Below 16' - literally zero. The torch was useless at that point.
At 20' I didn't find the bottom and started back in toward shore hoping to run into the ledge.
Instead ran into a bunch of jellyfish. Ouch.
Heavy current ended up pushing me all the way up to the lifeguard tower at the beach and earning me a 1500' walk back.

Lotta work for 4m of dive time! I'll definitely try again. :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 75
10/7/2017 2p - Alhambra - My first try here and at shark toothing!

Conditions were horrrrrible. Swells up to 7' made entry and exit with doubles cumbersome.
Followed directions found here and elsewhere to swim out from pipes about 500' - I think this was too far, but I'll never know...
Viz - Down to 15' about 2'. Below 16' - literally zero. The torch was useless at that point.
At 20' I didn't find the bottom and started back in toward shore hoping to run into the ledge.
Instead ran into a bunch of jellyfish. Ouch.
Heavy current ended up pushing me all the way up to the lifeguard tower at the beach and earning me a 1500' walk back.

Lotta work for 4m of dive time! I'll definitely try again. :)
Compliment of hurricane Nate
Try again after Storm

Anytime there is a system in the gulf, doesn't matter where or how strong, it's gonna bump up the water. Try again after we have had a few days of easterly winds. Doubles???? I can get 2 1/2 hrs out of one 80................doubles might be overdoing it.

With a student off Venice Beach this morning. Viz was 6-8 feet all the way out to the blocks. After training tasks were accomplished did a bit of fossil hunting. My guy found almost a whole mammoth tooth, an almost perfect whale ear bone, and a very nice mako lower. Go figure!

Viz 2-4 ft with lots of jellyfish, so bad you could feel insta sting once in the water.
It also seem that a small red tide is going making water clarity poor.
That being said I did end up with 266 small teeth finds all easy to see and laying around in the sand rows, I was going to make a whole day of it but the jellys made it really difficult so I called it after 124 min, not a bad morning but not great either!

We did S Brohard this a.m. In at 9:30................out going tide..............viz 6-8 ft................water temp 80..............lots of jellies but we stayed low & had a pretty nice dive...................kinda had to dodge & run from the jellies on the way back in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom