Panhandle diving tomorrow. Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LMac8806

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all...kind of a desperate post here lol. We're in Pensacola for vacation and the weather pretty much sucks. No boats are going out due to rough seas. How far would a guy have to drive to find a decent boat dive for tomorrow? I'm ok driving a couple hours if that would make a difference.

Thanks in advance.

There are boats in Destin and Gulf Shores which are both reasonable drives. I've been out with Scuba Tech in Destin and Down Under in Gulf Shores. Check the marine forecast, both those locations may have the same terrible conditions you're experiencing

Check Panama City Beach there are several dive charters there. If weather is unsafe for diving the gulf, there is vortex springs.

You are screwed the weather will keep everybody in Port up to Saturday. Plus the vis will go to hell for a few days after the wind drops. Drive over to ft Pickens and dive the jetty it's most likely all you will find.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the ocean conditions are terrible in fort lauderdale right now.....

Yep, FL panhandle is effectively blown out through Saturday at the earliest.

Rest of FL is not better. We just cancelled a trip to WPB and keys for this weekend as the forecast in WPB is even worse and the upper keys are marginal at best.

If I understood the weather report correctly, the forecast involves tropical force rain in the next few days. We had planned to go out Saturday from Destin, but it looks like it could still be rainy/windy. Even if the boat goes out, the vis will suck. Canceling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom