Tank Tumbling Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

best way i've found is to just blow HP air straight from a tank into the drying tank. I have a fill whip with a junk hose and shove it up to the bottom of the tank while it is inverted. From there I open the valve and slowly pull the hose out. Never had a problem with steel or aluminum tanks

I do the same thing, except I also use the Rust Inhibitor.

Just don't be a dumbass like me. It once took me three times of scratching my head wondering why I was getting such horrible flash rust until I realized I was blowing it out with doubles filled with 36% not air.

I always finish any tank servicing with a good wash with simplegreen and hot water, followed by ample rinsing in hot water. Then to dry I do like Tbone says and I stick the hose of death into the tank and blast until I don't get wet coming out then add a few seconds. I don't get flash rust. The hose of death is just a runner hose on a yoke. Don't let go of the hose when valve on tank is open, you will learn how the hose got named. ( keep crotch away from hose also).

Is there a liquid flash rust cleaner ??

blow HP air straight from a tank

An "HP" hose not a "LP" hose? Is the HP hose going to blow enough air to do the job? We use LP hose and it has the volume and high enough pressure to do it beautifully.

An "HP" hose not a "LP" hose? Is the HP hose going to blow enough air to do the job? We use LP hose and it has the volume and high enough pressure to do it beautifully.

basically I use a transfill whip with one end removed, not a HP hose from a regulator

Wouldn't a thrashing hose leave some rubber residue all over the inside wall of the tank and the threads-albeit microscopic? Is this valid for O2 cleaning?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom