Correct fit of Santi telescoping drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @Francesea - Sounds like you're not having much luck with the Santi's - how unfortunate! (I LOVE mine - and I'm pretty sure we've got the same dealer :wink:) I can assure you that Santi's are custom fitted - it took them over an hour to do all the measurements for mine (there's that many) so arm length, leg length, torso length and any other lengths shouldn't be an issue with a custom fit. I too have occasional issues with the top part not always "covering" the bottom (I maybe gained a little in the hips :D) but Santi is going to be adjusting this for me in the off-season. I'm thinking maybe I should've made the decision to have mine a little wider through the mid-section just in case. Never fear, you pay enough for a Santi suit that they will kindly do adjustments for you after you test run your custom fit, and my dealer wanted me to have the best fit possible - it's a long term investment!
That being said - have you tried out a different type of suit that maybe wouldn't need adjustments (something more like an Aqualung Bullet?)

One other suggestion - when you're trying on these suits, and testing your mobility - do so with all the undergarments and the regular external gear you wear. I have personally found that the Santi heavy-weight undergarment is quite inflexible on it's own (it's made of nylon) and so I've opted to wear a similar weight ScubaForce of a different material. My diving partner wears his with layers of ski apparel, he's prone to overheating. The reason you should also test with your BCD on, is it will give you an idea if that, along with the suit, is also limiting your mobility.

Just understand that a drysuit and subsequent undergarment IS meant to keep you warm and dry...not to do yoga in. :p You should still have good mobility, but having dove many different types of drysuits (before buying my Santi) I did find that a drysuit will never give you the same mobility as a wetsuit - you pay for it in warmth!

@kateci I do like Santi, and for my own experience, I got the corrrct size and I find it way more free feeling that Fusion that I tried on. It was my hubby’s experience that was so weird, getting squished into a suit two sizes to small by a salesperson who wouldn’t listen. I will keep in mind the undergarment advice. In fact, one of my concerns is to be able to wear light OR heavy undergarment, yet have drysuit adjust to be correctly fitted and comfortable either way.

Back
Top Bottom