Trip Report Roatan Aggressor Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rainy season started early on utila this year, viz dropped by at least 30ft from mid august to late september

To reflect fully on your question, tell us where your dive op is located. WestNorth, North, West, South or Liveaboard

Liveaboard (Aggressor). We're fully booked so no changing now. But I'm not too worried about it....as I noted above, just trying to set expectations.

James

Carefully consider trip insurance. The five times I went LOB during hurricane/tropical storm season, after buying insurance, I collected three times.

I quit buying trip insurance years ago. I figure for all the times I didn't buy it and didn't need it that it would more than pay for the one time I do need it. I've been lucky so far and have come out on the winning side.

Now if I were doing a mega trip with costly dollars somewhere, I might look into it again.

BTW awesome trip report @CajunDiva. Thanks for reporting back to us.

Since this site is not often visited by the Roatan dive ops, I'll include it here on the Roatan Aggressor trip report:

Toon Town - Cayos Cochinos. Named for the Bluebell (Purple) Tunicates on the Site.

So I'm incredibly pleased with my new toy. It's called a Spivo Stick. It's a stick for a GoPro that rotates 180 degrees at the press of a button...how cool is that??? (https://www.spivo.com/ ) All these years I've been taking pictures and videos of everyone else, but have nothing of me. So I dedided to have a little fun with my new stick...

Here I am, diving along with Stephen Frink, watching him do his thing. Do you think I just leave him alone to focus and get his shots? Uh uh... This Cajun's cup runneth over and I couldn't resist. I slid up next to Steve and made the motion for HEY...WATCH THIS! At which time I pushed the little button on my Spivo Stick and, as predicted, my GoPro flipped around and started shooting video of Steve and I :) Now, he could have been pissed. And I guess he probably should have been, but that's not how he responded at all...he turned it into a moment of fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom