Seacure mouthpieces on XTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron_dodge

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi ... Question for anyone using a Seacure mouthpiece on their XTX second stage? If so, which size is it? My local dive shop told me that there hasn't been a size that specifically fits the XTX 2nd stage but that the size 2 would fit if stretched a little. But, checking the Seacure website I see that they now have a *new* size IV which claims to be for Apeks. Has anyone tried the size IV? Seacure Custom Mouthpiece Size Chart Thanks

Yes you can make the 2 fit, sort of, but not recommended by SeaCure. I tried it but couldn't get it to seat properly. SeaCure where talking about making one specifically for Apeks regs I gave up checking a while ago after they never replied to my posts on their forum. I'll check it out again. If they say the "IV" fits he Apeks then it will fit your XTX.

I just checked out their site and you are indeed correct it seems as they finally made one specifically for Apeks. I started enquiring about an Apeks specific mouthpiece back in June last year and finally gave up asking about it in September as they never replied.

Last edited:
Just received my new Apeks specific (type IV) mouthpiece from SeaCure. Of course my reg is at the LDS for service but I'll try the fit of the new mouthpiece and report back.

You can use the Seacure II on Apeks, I did it for years when I use to dive Apeks gear....Just have to tighten the zip tie very tight........

Cool, please do. cheers.

Hi Buddha --

Sorry it took me longer to get around to this than I expected but I was finally able to validate the fit yesterday. The type IV (Seacure Custom Mouthpiece Size Chart) fits perfectly. The fit is snug but didn't require stretching the mouth piece or much force to attach it to the 2nd stage. The fit is so nice that the zip tie felt as if it was needed only as a safety measure.

For what it's worth, this is my first Seacure Model X. I've used the original Seacure in the past and like it very much. The new model X is much longer,so it fits all of your teeth, compared to the previous model. This reminds me of the mouth pieces required for contact sport athletes. I like it very much.

Last edited:
Hi Ron,

We're glad to hear that you like the fit of our new size 4 on Apeks. Divers had asked for a mouthpiece to fit it properly for some time, so we were happy to be able to introduce the new size 4, as well as the new size 5 for Poseidon. FYI - the size 4 also fits many of the rebreathers.

As far as the X Type being longer, I think it is an illusion. If I stand an older SeaCure next to a size 4 X Type, the X Type stands taller and the bite portion looks longer. However, the difference is in the neck of the size 4. The bite portion is actually the same length as the previous models, and can be shortened just by cutting it the same as in the previous models, for people with a smaller mouth (actually smaller dental arch).

hi, could anyone please post pictures of their molded mouthpieces? just done one, and it seems like the mouthpiece is narrower than the teeth, so the inner edges have flattened and pressed together. feels ok, just think it could be molded better.

Back
Top Bottom