USD Conshelf VI worth anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wwunder

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey All, I picked this up a number of years ago because I thought it was neat. I have no idea if its ever even be in the water. Now I'm trying to reduce the accumulation of scuba stuff. If I were to list it for sale what would be a reasonable expectation?

Thanks!

Gorgeous. I'd love to see what else you have.

It's in collectable condition so I have no idea it's potential value to someone into such things. To me, I'd recommend a buddy who needs a reg to pay up to 120$ and dive it.

Interested to see other's perspective.

Regards,
Cameron

Thanks for the feedback Cameron, I thought I would get a few more comments from the conshelf lovers on the board. It only has one LP and one HP port so i'm not sure if your buddy would dive it. Anyway if anyone wants to make an offer, i'll be all ears.

As far as other vintage gear, I don't have a big collection... I think i have a tank checker in the same vintage box as this reg, an old scubair first and second, and a DA Aquamaster from VDH and sold as the doublehose explorer kit.

Thanks for the feedback Cameron, I thought I would get a few more comments from the conshelf lovers on the board. It only has one LP and one HP port so i'm not sure if your buddy would dive it. Anyway if anyone wants to make an offer, i'll be all ears.

As far as other vintage gear, I don't have a big collection... I think i have a tank checker in the same vintage box as this reg, an old scubair first and second, and a DA Aquamaster from VDH and sold as the doublehose explorer kit.

Yes, worth clarifying why I'd recommend it to a buddy. It makes a nice pony bottle reg and provided the rubber is in as good condition as it appears, should have a nice long trouble free service life.

Not sure, but I think the vintage guys don't often comment on estimated values... unless it's for sale for best offer.

My best guess may be way off... I snap up regs at 20-60$ as frequently as possible. Someone always needs a dependable reg.

Cheers,
Cameron

Is that the original box?

Do be aware of the yoke. It looks like it is rated for the lower pressure tanks, such as the ST72 which is 2250psi or 2500psi with plus rating. The older yokes were not rated for the higher pressure 3000psi tanks.

That looks like a "new in the box" regulator. The box actually makes it more desirable as a collector item, but there are not as many collectors that are interested on single hose regulators. There are a few. You may want to post it over at VDH.

Due to the box, IMO, it has a higher value as a collector than a dive-able regulator. The limited number of ports also makes it less desirable for diving.

You can get a general idea of value by looking at sales of the Conshelf VI on eBay. There's one up for auction at the moment and twelve past sales. Check this link: conshelf VI | eBay

Yours should be worth somewhat more because of it's condition and box, maybe a lot more to the right person.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It looks like there are more of them on the market than I thought. At $20 to $40 selling prices I will probably hold onto it.

Enjoy.

Another fact to consider, from a practical use point of view, is that replacement parts for the 2nd stage with the exhaust valve integrated into the diaphragm are no longer available.

Enjoy.

Another fact to consider, from a practical use point of view, is that replacement parts for the 2nd stage with the exhaust valve integrated into the diaphragm are no longer available.

Not this second, it uses the same diaphragm and exhaust valve as most of the other Conshelfs.....and pretty much any other USD reg for that matter. You are thinking of the early Calypso seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom