UWLD announcement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Some know and many, likely do not know, that we have been struggling for a while with a new issue with our Power Control Boards (PCB's) on our battery packs. Zero canisters that have shipped out have a problem. We discovered the issue through our quality control (QC) testing during our manufacturing process. We have had a number of customers concerned that they may have an issue with the canisters that they have. Rest assured we know that zero canister where shipped out with any issue.
PCB's ensure the safety of Li-ION battery cells which are the engine of our lights. Even though the issue was a small one we felt it best to track down the cause and rectify it before we shipped any more battery canisters. We feel fortunate that our QC process brought the problem to our attention so quickly and without any canisters being shipped with a potential problem.
We would also like to let those that have been waiting on back orders that we have discovered and fixed the cause of the problem. Through the weekend I will work on testing to ensure that we have put the problem to rest, we have just today found and fixed the problem. By Monday morning we should have everything tested which will let us get back to building lights.
We appreciate everyone's patience through this process. We understand that it is frustrating to wait a long time to get your new UWLD light. At the same time safety and reliability is our highest priority which has caused us to have the delay in shipping our products. We want to say thank you to everyone as we have had zero cancelled orders while we have dealt with this issue, even though we offered full refunds. Our customers (that are also our friends and fellow divers) are the best there are.
We ask for just a little more patience as we have a good amount of back orders and will be working long hours to get everything caught up.
Thanks again for everyone's support and sticking with us through this issue.

Have a great weekend,

Bobby

-I have no affiliation or interest in uwld-

My regards for first catching a potential issue, and secondly taking the time necessary to avoid passing it on to the end user. Thirdly, I applaud a conscientious and open announcement like this. For context: in the past I've import lipos for resale, good you handed a minor pcb issue seriously.

Cheers!
Cameron

@Bobby, Thanks for being upfront and putting rumors to rest. Hope you are caught up soon and Thanks again for putting out high quality gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom