ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2018 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see a lot of people talking about bag drags, the ferry and flying into other places other then right in to Cozumel airport. The last time I was there we flu right into Cozumel went about 200 yards to a car rental, rented cars for dirt cheap and away we went to our resort. then we had our cars to drive around the island and do shore dives or site seeing. There are a couple of good restraints at the order end. there are also good dives on the other side.

For me flights into cancun are about half the price of flying straight into cozumel. So for me

We can get a nonstop flight for Austin to Cancun for around $400rt. Call it a 2 3/4 hour flight. Southwest flight so we go through Customs and Immigration in Terminal 2 where we are likely to be the only arrival. That's 45 minutes max....

By the time we hit the ferry dock in Coz, worst case is 6 hours. Not a chance I can make a connection at a hub and get through C&I earlier in Coz.

Is the transfer to the ferry a pain, yes. Is the ferry a pain, yes. Since I am paying for 4 people, the pain isn't worth the additional $1,200 flying into COZ.

I look at it this way. Take the $1200 and spend it for an aerial tour of the coast from Coz to the Chinchoro Banks for the four of us.

Last edited:
This looks like fun. I just got back from Playa Del Carmen last week. It was my first time to the area and I am ready to go back. Is there a limit to how many people can go?

We've been a little busy dealing with Irma and the aftermath, but all's well.
I do believe that Cozumel is sold out, but call Bay Adventures to see. You can also get on the waiting list as you never know when a spot will free up.

Glad all is well over there. I will call them and then see if my wife is up for another diving adventure. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Hi, Kevin here new to Scuba Board..I have a Cozumel trip planned in Feb, does anyone know if there is Cenote diving on the island? thanks

We've been a little busy dealing with Irma and the aftermath, but all's well.
I do believe that Cozumel is sold out, but call Bay Adventures to see. You can also get on the waiting list as you never know when a spot will free up.

If anybody already registered finds their plans changed, I'm interested in taking their spot! :bounce:
I'm going to contact Bay Adventures about the waitlist as well...

These look like so much fun! I can't wait to get fully geared up and ready to take a trip like this with this group and meet some new people. Although I am in need of lots of practice first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom