moisture indicator ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure! I can send you one with a 10/20/30 indicator card for $75 or a CO card and 40 strip for $80.

OOPS! I am not in the UK. Give Ian a try.

Sure! I can send you one with a 10/20/30 indicator card for $75 or a CO card and 40 strip for $80.

OOPS! I am not in the UK. Give Ian a try.

Thank you.. but whos Ian?

He is the Rix dealer that hangs out here and he knows his stuff. And I am sure it would save you a LOT of shipping over buying from the US. It would cost about $35 to send from me!

He is the Rix dealer that hangs out here and he knows his stuff. And I am sure it would save you a LOT of shipping over buying from the US. It would cost about $35 to send from me!
Thank you if i cant find it here i'll be back in touch - you would be prepared to post to the UK?

Ray
Heck you don't have to be that kind.
Not sure if the OP needs the JIC 4 connections shown in his photo we tend to be a whole heap of different thread over here. The NPT ports on the housings are pretty much universal but for Europe we also have to contend with 9/16-18 SAE straight thread ports used on both the Bauer and Mako filter towers using the heavier SAE hex section body on the 9/16 UN thread form.

Either way these little units are rated to 6000psi working pressure and with over a 30,000 psi burst pressure covering your US ASME 4:1 safety limit.

We should do a post on these things one day, with the technical details on fitting and advise on connection to various compressors and also the accuracy of that cheap little indicator. Iain

One thing I would add we wouldn't sanction using plated taper steel fittings with Aluminium.
I know its a cheap $2 dollar part but corrosion of the steel fitting over time will cause oxidation rust and expand the internal thread fitting. This in turn will breakdown the protective hard black anodising of the aluminium housing and eat away at the aluminium thread until you either strip out the thread on service, or it takes off of its own accord under pressure.

316 stainless only on taper fittings or at the very least 303 stainless with parallel fittings and 0-ring seal. Iain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom