Zippered vest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azbuceadora

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm probably going to need a thin vest under my 5mil suit for a trip next year. Tried on a couple at the LDS, one a Sharkskin, and was contorting ridiculously in the changing room trying to get them off (did not want to ask the male staff to help me!). Is there a brand that offers a zippered vest? It will have to be very thin; the 5mil is a custom suit and there ain't a lot of spare room inside it.

Have you considered wearing the vest over the suit? It might give you more choices, including the option of a thicker vest. BTW, Henderson makes front zipped vest.

Have you considered wearing the vest over the suit? .

No, I never thought of that as it's too easy a solution : = ) i tend to go for complicated. Will that provide similar thermal protection? I could even go a bit thicker then. I'll l take a look at Henderson; thanks for the tip. Dirtfarmer, I didn't see a vest on the Bodyglove site except for a foam one that seemed to be more for flotation.

I bought this one to try, not expecting too much due to the price. But to my surprise, it is a very well made vest and I have really enjoyed wearing it under my wetsuit when diving chilly water.

Have you considered wearing the vest over the suit? It might give you more choices, including the option of a thicker vest. BTW, Henderson makes front zipped vest.

Wearing the vest OVER the suit allows a lot of water to pass under the vest and kind of defeats the purpose of the extra layer.

I don't think I've seen a zippered vest in a sharkskin type material. I like my pants and zippered jacket in that material but I think a neoprene vest works fine or maybe better as a layer, probably stretchier so easier to have it fit smoothly without extra material or being to tight. There's lots of zippered (non-hooded) 3mm vests out there, just google "3mm neoprene vest zip". I think mine is Henderson.

Wearing the vest OVER the suit allows a lot of water to pass under the vest and kind of defeats the purpose of the extra layer.
Not always.
Perhaps the vest you used was too loose?... each to his own. I merely offered another option, one that does in fact work for some people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom