Severe foot pain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kommisarrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am struggling to find some new find that are comfortable. I have been using an old pair of zeagle teleoz travel find for about a decade and really like them. However, they are starting to get a little flimsy and there's some corrosion the metal parts. I also recently started sidemount with an eye towards wreck diving and they just don't have much pop.

My dilemma is i think I have something misshapen with my foot as I've tried a bunch of new fins and they all cause extreme pain on the side of each foot (pinky toe side) to the point where that area is bright red at the end of a dive. Happens with flutter and frog kick, but is much worse with frog kicks. I have tried full foot mares avantis, full foot free dive fins, open heel accels, deep six eddys, and jet fins. I've tried barefoot (full foot), with neoprene socks (full foot), 3mm tropical booties, and 5mm hard sole booties. Always the same problem. Physically I am in good enough shape, so it is not a fitness issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm only interested in warm water wetsuit diving (max 5mm wetsuit), if that makes a difference.

Have you tried bigger sizes??

Have you tried bigger sizes??

This was my thought, as well. Unless you have developed some type of condition in both feet, fins shouldn't hurt your feet unless they don't fit properly.

bigger size that doesn't fit properly won't help either.

Look at Force Fins. The foot pocket is open at the toes so they should hurt your toes. They are rather pricey but Bob Evans will refund your money if they don't fit.

Since OP mentioned frog kick, they'd be looking at flat paddle model(s?), those hurt the pocket quite a bit more than the regular version. Should not hurt the foot, that's true -- or at least not if fit is the source of the problem.

As @Marie13 is to masks you are to fins, the adventure continues ....

Do you have pain or discomfort problems wearing Tennis shoes ? If not try a pair of tennis shoes instead of official diving SCUBA booties..

For many years to about 1960 prior to the development of dive booties tennis shoes were \used for abrasion as well as thermal protection.

You wont look like an official diver but remember there is no fashion requirement when you are cold or in pain

sdm

You wont look like an official diver but remember there is no fashion requirement when you are cold or in pain

sdm

Say what? I've worn Chuck high tops with my fins since...forever.

Everyone gets a kick out of them, but stepping on rocks doesn't bother this guy:wink:

Tom,

The horror of it all ! A NAUI instructor not looking official !'
~~~~~~~~ recall ~~~~~~~~~
"but remember there is no fashion requirement when you are cold or in pain"

You, my new friend are modern living proof of my statement ...

Sam Miller, 111
NAUI instructor A 27

Best rock boots ever Sam. I even have them in green and red. So nautical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom