Weather Week of Oct 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am arriving on Wed Oct 18....staying through Sunday. In 25 years of coming down I have never seen a forecast this bad. Looks like tons of rain everyday. Someone tell me this is not going to be the case. Lie to me. GAWD....I do needed some nice Cozumel sunshine in my life right now.

Wow, looks like your captains name is going to be Noah. Please soak it up and be done with it by the end of the month.
One tropical wave after another. Bring a light and a topside rain coat.

upload_2017-10-16_10-10-50.png
upload_2017-10-16_10-7-9.png

In cases of less than 1 inch of rain forecast that means isolated thunderstorms and parts of the island will likely remain dry. Today is not bad with 12 raindrops recorded at my house. Tuesday is the only day like that--Not to worry.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Still at 6:30 pm, no rain and no clouds…even if it does, while you are here-- at 80 ft it is no effect. And between thunderstorms, if they occur, you will get plenty of sun. That is Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Looking at it from a completely positive point of view, there was zero, zip, nada chance of snow! Stay positive. It will be fine. And Dave is right: from 30-80 feet you'll never know it. Aren't you going to Cozumel to get wet? You should have been here yesterday. Diving was great LAST week! :)

Cheers - M²

Today was nice but it did start raining heavily at about 1 pm, after the morning dives. It is now 1:49 PM and blue sky is showing and looks like lots of sunshine.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

And Dave is right: from 30-80 feet you'll never know it.

It does make for a chilly boat ride back in when you come back up in the middle of one those down pours like we did yesterday.

Last week when I looked at the forecast for this week's trip I saw much the same as you're looking at Kicker1866. Thunderstorms were forecasted for every day of our week here. But as I suspected those showers have been brief and then the sun pops back out again. It hasn't been nearly as bad as it was a couple of years ago when we came in October and the streets were flooded. We got a lot of rain that week. Hopefully you daily showers will be brief.

Well, as expected it did not rain much today. Real hard for 1 hour and now at 3 PM it is blue skies and damn hot out. Most gringos would be sweating and hoping for winter!

In my former life and living in California I'd see the weather forecasts for our annual vacation to Hawaii and cringe: Rain everyday. Yes it did, then the sun comes out and rainbows may be seen, it just was not as hot as Cozumel gets. So don't let the forecasts about the tropics scare you.

Of course there are times we have rain for a week but that is VERY rare.

Dave DIllehay
Aldora Divers

The cold weather is starting to pulse into North Texas over the next few days.I really hope the wind shifts, I want to dive next weekend.

Leading indicator: Galvaston
upload_2017-10-23_17-41-17.png

South Padre Island
upload_2017-10-23_17-42-47.png

And Cozumel
upload_2017-10-23_17-47-43.png

Back
Top Bottom