LONDON SCUBA GROUP: Diving Trip To Malaysia - Sipadan Island - 18 Nov 2017 to 27 Nov 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Londonscubaclub

Registered
Reaction score
THIS TRIP IS OPEN TO ALL UK DIVERS AND NOT JUST LONDON DIVERS

We have a trip to Sipadan Island in Malaysia from Saturday 18 November 2017 to Monday 27 November 2017. We already have good size group at 14 divers but still have spaces left on the trip. We have been wanting to go to Sipadan for some years now and this will be the year. Sipadan is one of the very top dive locations in the world and has many top dives sites in the world.

The Hammerhead Sharks will be in season when we arrive so although it is never a guarantee there could be an opportunity to see them or if you prefer Green turtles then this is the location for you as it will be breeding season. It is also possible to see eagle rays and many other sealife.

If you are interested in this trip and would like further information let me know then please email me on londonscubadivinggroup@gmail.com

The trip will be shore based and will include diving at Sipadan Island which is one of the best diving locations in the world. Other dive locations will include Mabul, Kapalai and Si Amil. We have ensured that we are with the best dive centre to ensure greater access to Sipadan Island. To ensure the group size is confirmed and permits are arranged the group will need to be finalised months prior to the trip. As a result our group will be able to dive together and we will have the best facilities which will lead to the best diving experience.

The trip will include a guarantee of 4 dives (1 day) at Sipadan Island based on 5 days package which includes all accommodation, meals, drinks and unlimited house reef diving everyday apart from on Sipadan Island. PADI courses are also available and this location is great for PADI Advance courses. If you are interested in courses let me know. The price for the diving/accommodation/full Board package while on Sipadan Island is in the region of £645.00. Full Equipment rental for those that require it will be £15 per day. Extra nights diving/accommodation/full board in Sipadan are available in addition to the 5 days package and are in the region of £150.00.

All transfers are also included in the package price from the airport and to Mabul Island which is where the resort is located and return.

We are also looking at spending the last few days of the trip in Kuala Lumpur to do some sightseeing although this is flexible and divers have the option of extending the diving period at Sipidan if prefered. Kuala Lumpur is a fantastic city and worth spending a few days in this location for sightseeing including the Petronas Towers, Batu Caves and Kuala Lumpur Tower. The food is also excellent in the city.

Naturally divers if they prefer can spend more additonal days in Sipadan if preferred. The trip will be flexible in this regard.

Flights at present are in the region of £450.00 return to Kuala Lumpur. The flight from Kuala Lumpur return to Tawau the access point for Sipadan is in the region of £75.00.

All divers will be looking to get on the same flights. we are planning this trip early to ensure we get the best prices on flights and that we can all travel together. Other flight options are available and the trip is flexible. Please do not book flights until I have given you the green light and booked you in for the accommodation and diving.

If you are interested please email me on londonscubadivinggroup@gmail.com. The next step will be for me to confirm the accommodation and diving and then I can give you the green light to book the flights. I will also send you all the information you need on the trip

There is no resort with more than 14 Sipadan permits a day. If Your group exceeds 14, it will be split up to dive Sipadan on different days.

I've yet to see the hammerheads there. Don't be too disappointed if you don't.

The best date for diving Sipadan in Nov 2017 is the 18th and the 2 or 3 days before and after.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom