Uwatec AirZ o2 transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any problem soldering until are just two wire, indeed my Aladin Air Z O² is dead and battery is dead so I need this "memo mouse thing" to access and change settings ?

By the wat what is PITA oil ? Paraffine/Vaseline oil

I don't have any problem soldering until are just two wire, indeed my Aladin Air Z O² is dead and battery is dead so I need this "memo mouse thing" to access and change settings ?

By the wat what is PITA oil ? Paraffine/Vaseline oil

You need the memo to change ppo2 if desired.
I used mineral oil.
PITA = pain in the arse

Thanks, I found the two videos and they are very explicative the procedure seems very easy if you know how to use Iron to solder and you usually disassemble electronics things.
What is the purpose of changing the PPO with memo mouse ? Is it needed or I can just reset the computer?

Reset the computer per the instructions on the website provided.
IF you want to change the ppo2 from the default setting of 1.5, you need the memo.
Remember, re-power will return the computer to its default settings. This is why I brought it up.

What's the purpose of changine the ppO2 default setting? If it will return as it was just resetting using the 3V battery on the front contacts I think that I don't need anything else.

My only concern is about the oil, most of the instructions say to re-use the same oil anyway I saw that if you put too much or too low quantity of oil it will show on the display wrong dept

I ordered the battery SAFT Batteria al litio LS 14500 CNA con Reofori 3,6V Li-SOCl2 A per Allarme | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I am assuming you don't use nitrox by your response.
I do and my preferred setting is 1.4 ppo2. I am just pointing this out for those that do use it, and are on the conservative side.

You won't be able to put too much oil in, trust me. But, too little is the problem, which will cause bubbles and they will show themselves on the lcd screen. You will surely loose some of the original oil in the exchange process. I have seen quite a few Uwatecs for sale with good battery % remaining and bubbles in the screen, just saying :wink:

I chose not to mix oils, and went with the oil I recommended. Plus, the fill process is a lot easier with the whole unit submerged in the fresh oil in a basin.

If I recall, these units are calibrated to fresh water, so there are off a bit compared to other units [I also have Nitek and Mares computers]

I don't mind helping you, too bad you are so far away. Use the Conversation option to contact me here if you want some help when you tackle it.

Last edited:
Thank you again,
Yes I don't use nitrox just air, I'm a recreative diver.
Indeed in the video I posted, the guy submerges the computer, I thing it's the best way to do that, I already have paraffine/Vaseline oil that should be fine.
Anyway I found a used transmitter too, that should be second generation (replaceable battery) could you take a look to the picture to confirm?

About mixing oil how did you avoid to do that? Once you removed the oil inside the Computer how do you clean what is on the board and the surface ? I think that unless you don't clean everything with soap/water you will always mix oils adding a new one, anyway I don't think it's a big problem since the have the same chemical nature and the will mix without any problem and their purpose is just to avoid pressure effects, so one oil or another or a mix wouldn't change the result (unless it's corrosive for the inside electronic)

Attachments

• IMG_20171018_070351.jpg
    IMG_20171018_070351.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 68
  • KEwq4NC.jpg
    KEwq4NC.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
After draining oil, I left it open for a week on it's side. It was pretty dry. I am sure there was a small amount mixed, but it didn't do anything adverse afaik.
Not sure about transmitter....I thought they were blue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom