2.4 Kidde compressor available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My fill needs are similar. My unit sits on top of a parts cabinet, out of the way with the mixing stick mounted high on the wall above it. Takes up very little space. They are loud.

have you tried running a remote intake with baffles? that should cut a significant amount of the noise

Haven't tried it. I always have the intake baffled through the nitrox stick. I don't believe that is where the noise is coming from. It is running at nearly 3600 rpm and is a light weight aluminum compressor. Even in jobsite air compressors that causes a high noise level.

Haven't tried it. I always have the intake baffled through the nitrox stick. I don't believe that is where the noise is coming from. It is running at nearly 3600 rpm and is a light weight aluminum compressor. Even in jobsite air compressors that causes a high noise level.

the stick works about as well as anything for muffling it. The pix I saw had the itty bitty intake filters on them and there is going to be a huge noise reduction from those to a nitrox stick

Is it possible to hook the hydraulic motors up to a hydraulic pump I have not been able to find information where someone has done this.

Is it possible to hook the hydraulic motors up to a hydraulic pump I have not been able to find information where someone has done this.
Certainly could be done. You would have to figure out specs on the hydraulic motor so you matched the pressure and flow. It would take a bigger motor for the same performance and add complexity.

The big hydraulic supply in Wichita (Murdock electric) has told be a 3 HP hydraulic pump will drive the 3750 RPM 2600PSI hydraulic drive pump, But it will take at least a 3-4 gallon hydraulic fluid reservoir to supply the pressure and cooling capacity for the pump and motor. Cost to do this is excessive and weight over 125 pounds plus you need the electrical power (About 30 amps on 115 volts) to drive the hydraulic supply system.
None of this is compatible with a sail boat.
The only option I have found is to drive the compressor with a belt system utilizing the 30-40 HP boat engine usually found on a sail boat. Cost for the conversion (you supply the compressor ) is between $1300 and $1800. I have provided several of these compressor modifications to boat owners - with the boat installation completed by the owner. If you want to discuss this option - call me 316-992-0505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom