Found Men's Wedding Band in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, my husband found a man's wedding band while snorkeling in Cozumel. I googled 'lost ring in Cozumel' and came up with this site, so thought I would give it a shot and see if we can perhaps find the owner. If anyone thinks it may belong to them, please describe ring and the inscription and we will return to owner. Thanks!

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Nice of you to make an effort to find the diver. It amazes me that anyone wears jewelery diving, and water is the fastest way to get a tight ring off.

You might also want to post in our Lost, Found and Stolen and I'll ask in the Cozumel forum with a link here.

I lost a ring here:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=eart....410867,-87.01656&fspn=0.002235,0.004128&z=19

As I looked up I saw the pier. It was from a friend of mine who died of bone cancer. His sister gave me the ring as I helped him through some really, really tough times. Ask Sallye, I was pissed at myself for wearing it. He had just passed and it still stung. I was wearing it and lost it while trying to beat another old friend with a dive parka sleeve. I watched it roll off the gunwale on the way to the abyss. He was a fisherman and thought if I was to lose it, there is no better place. If you found it I would be forever grateful to get it back, plus I promise to never wear it diving again.
Who ever owns it, Thanks for trying to get it back to the owner. + 1 for the good guy's.

LOL ... the hubby lost his 1st wedding ring on Santa Rosa Wall a few years back. No inscription, so I know you didn't find his. He lost his 2nd wedding ring in our home office. It flew off his finger and disappeared into oblivion. (yeah, he kept meaning to get it re-sized!) We tore the room apart, but it was never found. Have since moved, so guess that one's a goner as well. So far #3 has lasted almost a year!

My husband lost his. It was two-tone. The inscription has our wedding date in January and our bible verse (abbr.)

My husband lost his wedding ring today scuba diving in paradise reef in Cozumel. It was towards the cruise ship dock in about 30-45ft of water. We were over coral and sandy area. I doubt anyone will ever find it but thought I'd post on here just in case. Gold, no inscriptions. Thanks and happy diving to all. Leave the rings in the safe!

Let me know if you ever come across my wife's wedding AND engagement rings. More than a decade ago we were on St.George Island E. of Panama City, FL and she was throwing a shell back into O viz water when they both flew off. I was way down the beach when it happened. She dove right in trying to find them then I guy pulled her out by the legs thinking she was in trouble. I shouldn't be one to criticize, being on my 3rd wedding band.

Hello, my husband found a man's wedding band while snorkeling in Cozumel. I googled 'lost ring in Cozumel' and came up with this site, so thought I would give it a shot and see if we can perhaps find the owner. If anyone thinks it may belong to them, please describe ring and the inscription and we will return to owner. Thanks!

way back in 2005, my hubby lost his wedding band in the water at the playa mia resort in Cozumel. we were playing in the surf ...we searched and searched but to no avail. it was a fairly wide yellow gold mens band , large about a size 13 ring with no inscriptions .

Hi there. Thank you so much for trying to find the rightful owner of the ring your husband found. The ring I lost was silver and I don't remember any inscription on the band. My friend who died used it as a thumb ring and I wore it on my right ring finger. I wish I had a picture to jog my memory. Anyway if you look at the map of this link This is where I lost it.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=eart....410867,-87.01656&fspn=0.002235,0.004128&z=19

Thank you for being a good person to find the proper owner of the ring found even if it is not the one I had lost.
Cheers,
Joe

Back
Top Bottom