Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the US, I found that I got the best deals on o-rings (and the best selection) from Amazon. They even have the 001-1/2 size that Aqualung likes. I buy mostly nitrile o-rings, but they have some viton ones too.

I've used ScubaTools.com, and I agree on the slow service (had to e-mail to get my first order sent, e-mail and then call for my second). I would recommend an alternative if I knew of one.

I'm in the US, I found that I got the best deals on o-rings (and the best selection) from Amazon. They even have the 001-1/2 size that Aqualung likes. I buy mostly nitrile o-rings, but they have some viton ones too.

I've used ScubaTools.com, and I agree on the slow service (had to e-mail to get my first order sent, e-mail and then call for my second). I would recommend an alternative if I knew of one.

Does anyone have experience with Scuba Test Equipment and Tools in Valencia, Los Angeles, CA from Scuba Instruments.com ?

Try my shop you might find all you need.
O-Rings Supplier for Scuba Diving EPDM-VITON-NBR-POLY O Ring Kits
Free delivery over 30 euro orders

I am in Europe and a potential customer ... here is some feedback (I hope constructive) on your product catalog from a DIY regulator servicing perspective

Quantities Too Large. As an individual DIY servicing a small collection of regulators your large boxes of 100's are too large for my needs. The only O-ring sizes needed in large quantities are 010 and 011 for LP and HP plugs and hoses.

No Backup O-rings. If you want to be a Premium Scuba O-Ring supplier you need to offer Backup O-rings in the right sizes and hardness. Backup O-rings are inexpensive ($5 for 100) but often hard to find.

Shore Hardness. Aqualung and Apeks service kits have mostly EPDM 80Sh O-rings with 90Sh for HP applications. Your EPDM kit is 70Sh.

Service Kits have bizarre size combinations. I would be interested in a single "Service Kit" set of O-rings that can supply all of my O-ring needs for a complete set of regulators for one brand ... 1st and 2nd stages, hoses and gauges. I have looked closely at the kits you offer ... but the kit sets are strange combinations of sizes, most of which I would never need.

@Scubagaskets For a set of Aqualung regulators (Titan/Legend), together with hoses and Suunto gauges, which single "Service Kit" would you recommend I purchase ?

A more useful approach to service kits for DIY needs ... similar to what you do for the SP MK2 service kit ... is to have (for each brand separately) a service kit of O-rings for servicing that particular brand that has all the O-rings for 4 or 5 sets of regulators plus hoses/gauges. Bear in mind that for servicing one set of regulators and hoses/gauges we need 6 or 7 times as many size 010 and at least 4 times as many size 011 as other O-ring sizes.

I hope this is helpful. With your current offerings it is still far more economical for me to purchase from an industrial O-ring supplier and customise a service kit which matches my regulator brands' o-rings.

I am in Europe and a potential customer ... here is some feedback (I hope constructive) on your product catalog from a DIY regulator servicing perspective

Quantities Too Large. As an individual DIY servicing a small collection of regulators your large boxes of 100's are too large for my needs. The only O-ring sizes needed in large quantities are 010 and 011 for LP and HP plugs and hoses.

No Backup O-rings. If you want to be a Premium Scuba O-Ring supplier you need to offer Backup O-rings in the right sizes and hardness. Backup O-rings are inexpensive ($5 for 100) but often hard to find.

Shore Hardness. Aqualung and Apeks service kits have mostly EPDM 80Sh O-rings with 90Sh for HP applications. Your EPDM kit is 70Sh.

Service Kits have bizarre size combinations. I would be interested in a single "Service Kit" set of O-rings that can supply all of my O-ring needs for a complete set of regulators for one brand ... 1st and 2nd stages, hoses and gauges. I have looked closely at the kits you offer ... but the kit sets are strange combinations of sizes, most of which I would never need.

@Scubagaskets For a set of Aqualung regulators (Titan/Legend), together with hoses and Suunto gauges, which single "Service Kit" would you recommend I purchase ?

A more useful approach to service kits for DIY needs ... similar to what you do for the SP MK2 service kit ... is to have (for each brand separately) a service kit of O-rings for servicing that particular brand that has all the O-rings for 4 or 5 sets of regulators plus hoses/gauges. Bear in mind that for servicing one set of regulators and hoses/gauges we need 6 or 7 times as many size 010 and at least 4 times as many size 011 as other O-ring sizes.

I hope this is helpful. With your current offerings it is still far more economical for me to purchase from an industrial O-ring supplier and customise a service kit which matches my regulator brands' o-rings.
Hi there Thanks for the feedback
here is an option for anyone that wants less than 100 o-rings per size
Custom made scuba o-rings box
kind regards
nicolas

Try my shop you might find all you need.

"Might" is the operative word. I have searched your site over and cannot find a Viton (FKM) shore 90 size -010 o-ring nor an EPDM -010 shore 85. Unfortunately, I have found examples of where you recommend: GENUINE VITON O-RINGS 010 - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving for "piston barrel" application. I'm not sure if we are using the same terminology, but if you mean to recommend a soft o-ring for the "piston stem" then please reconsider. A shore 70/75 will extrude in that application and cause issues with the performance of the regulator. Additionally, the pinching of that seal will cause an early failure and bubbling from the ambient chamber. I have found polyurethane seals on your site that are suitable, but due to the high parts count and short shelf life I do not recommend your poly seals for the typical DIYer.

If I'm incorrect, please forgive me and provide a link that specifically shows examples of the above seals.

BTW Umuntu pretty much hit the nail on the head with his suggestions. Remember, you continue to post in the DIY section and most of what you are hawking is not a good fit for our needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom