Advice please - first (used) steel tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@2airishuman : Thanks.

@Jack Hammer : (&/or all)
Might you by chance know of any Chicagoland hydro places that might deal with folks like me directly (not coming with a truck or trailer full of tanks) w/o going through am LDS? (or is that a PM kind of question?)

How about VIS, is that always through an LDS or do some of the actual hydro places also do the VIS?
If they do, just as VIS or only in conjunction when they also do hydro anyway?

And:
Is it correct that a VIS is actually not needed in the year a new hydro was given --- or am I mis-remembering or thinking wishfully or not bowing to "in theory yes, but in practice to actually get a fill it's different ..." - or?
I have my hydros done through Dive Right In Scuba, quick turnaround, reasonable pricing, includes vis and fill.

Hydro stamps:
08 (B2/32) 17

3.) Is the missing plus stamp at the 08/17 hydro date an indication that it lost the plus rating and is now not plus rated anymore?

4.) If yes, does that / could that mean trouble?

5.) Or is it always plus rated until condemned once it was plus rated the first time, whether that plus got added to the latest hydro or not?

The RIN on the last equal test is B223 which belongs to

CYL-TEC, INC.

971 INDUSTRIAL DR AURORA, IL 60506-1149

Given they are local to you my suggestion is to swing by their shop with the cylinder and have them pull the records on the requal test. They will have them. They have to by the CFRs. My guess is that whoever did the requal was lazy and did not bother to do the calculation for the plus rating. Really lazy given the REE is on the cylinder. The plus can be added after the fact. I once had my local shop add the plus once I got the REE documentation. If the cylinder does not qualify for the plus then you will know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom