Weather in February in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking for one now, but don't want to spend too much as it'll probably be used once a year (if that) in Coz. So, would a swim parka be sufficient? They're usually half of what a "boat coat" costs.

Swim parka - https://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-comfort-fleece-lined-swim-parka-8117648/?color=47426
Looks like it should do fine. Even has a hood which I absolutely loved during the ride back to the dock.

Some of the dive ops there will supply them in winter but I admit to prefering my own. But they are a bit bulky for travel. Wore mine to and from the plane here then rolled it up, put it in a plastic bag, and strapped it to the bottom of my backpack. It has straps meant, I think, for sleeping bags? Worked well.

Last edited:
Looks like it should do fine. Even has a hood which I absolutely loved during the ride back to the dock.

Some of the dive ops there will supply them in winter but I admit to prefering my own. But they are a bit bulky for travel. Wore mine to and from the plan here then rolled it up, put it in a plastic bag, and strapped it to the bottom of my backpack. It was straps meant, I think, for sleeping bags? Worked well.

Good idea! I suspect I could wear it to the airport and even on the plane since it gets cold! So double duty!

Aldora Divers provides fleeced swim coats to all divers.

Dave

We're thinking of going to Cozumel this February and are wondering about the weather and diving. I'm assuming a 5 mil will be needed (I get chilled easily) and can deal with it being a little cooler. I'm concerned about how often diving may be cancelled due to nortes? I've read mixed reviews on tripadvisor but I think those can be slanted (people complain a lot there!).

I'd appreciate input from those who are there or have been there a few times in February. Thanks.
I get chilled too. Since I live in Coz in the winter, I have dived a lot in February. For the longest time I have been wearing a 5 mm suit with a 3 mm hooded vest underneath it. This year I bought a 7 mm suit to bring down next month. I HATE being cold. In addition to being cold perhaps prematurely ending your dive, being cold is a risk factor for decompression sickness, I vaguely recall from some training I had somewhere... As far as Nortes go, they don't last long. A day...2 at most.

I always come for Carnival! My boat coat was the best dive gear purchase I have made in years! Some folks on the boat thought I was some sort of lightweight diver when I boarded the boat with my coat but had serious coat envy on the SI! I hate being cold. I also bring 2 wetsuits. I put a fresh dry one on for my 2nd dive. Both suits are 2.5 or 3 mils I wear a vest and something on my head. I dive with a steel tank op and dives tend to be long.

Great responses! Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom