Shallow fresh water test of Akaso EK7000 ($75 GoPro knockoff)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just another boring video from Alexander Springs.

Here's another one from Alexander. It was a cloudy day, but not bad for a cheap camera.

Are you thinking the filters helped?

I have this camera - I bought it to go snorkeling in Hawaii (images are bluish), then used it on my first dives in Catalina (images are greenish).

I'm hoping to find easy to use, free software that can help with the color and image stabilization. I'm also curious to see how your experience goes.

Are you thinking the filters helped?

I have this camera - I bought it to go snorkeling in Hawaii (images are bluish), then used it on my first dives in Catalina (images are greenish).

I'm hoping to find easy to use, free software that can help with the color and image stabilization. I'm also curious to see how your experience goes.
I don't know really. The one I was using was supposed to be magenta, but it was fairly light pink to my eye. I have taken more video at Alexander with and without the filter (which I lost) and I don't think there's much difference. Video in the shallow (3-5 foot) areas looks nice enough, but deeper and it gets all neon blue and green with hot white spots.

That was my experience w/o a filter - neon blue/green with hot white spots. I think there's a setting though for exposure or something... I didn't learn how to use the camera, and it was on my first dives so I wasn't paying attention to the camera other than hitting the on/off button.

I stepped on my Akaso and broke it! I ordered this similar FauxPro: LINK

Hmm. Might return the one above and order a newer version of the Akaso (Brave 4): LINK

The newer Akaso has a software red filter (dive mode), adjustable angle, and gyroscopic image stabilization. It's a bit more money, but I like those features.

There is another Akaso (V50) that costs a little more than the Brave 4. It has electronic image stabilization, but no filter software.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom