What's in your bag, travel tips & tricks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've not much to add. I pack numerous bathing suits. Occasionally I change suits between dives but definitely between days.

I dress in layers on the plane. One never knows if they're going to be too warm or too cold.

Most of the items touched upon by others, I already follow.

Last edited:
Spray-on Uv-filtering hair conditioner. Protects my color from sun and salt water and makes washing and combing easy. I have one from Sun Bum but there are many.

Ok the only thing I can add and it is through valuable experience that I learned to put gallon size ziplocks in everybody's carry-on bags (easy to reach). We travel to SEA among other places in the pacific. Travel is usually very long with lots of different modes of transportation. If someone starts to feel ill either from eating, motion, or whatever this is a life saver. When there is a language barrier or crazy traffic situations where there is no way to pull over (much like having to be seated on a plane) the ziplock(s) are your best friend

A minor and unimportant thing is I bring a twisty hair towel with pattern (doesn't get mixed up with boat towels) for drying my long hair. Sometimes I leave it for the girls on the boat. They love them! Love the idea about the eucalyptus oil. We bring fabric softener sheets for stinky stuff. Easy to throw in the bag. I always have tissue/tp in my backpack. Oh and we travel tropical so my day is definitely not a leather bag, it is a dry bag!

Spray-on Uv-filtering hair conditioner. Protects my color from sun and salt water and makes washing and combing easy. I have one from Sun Bum but there are many.

A minor and unimportant thing is I bring a twisty hair towel with pattern (doesn't get mixed up with boat towels) for drying my long hair.

Rub it in - My hair is long gone. What I have to worry about is a seriously sunburnt bald head. I bring one of those chill towels. Just wet it and use it like a scarf while I'm in the sun. Easily fits into a pocket when not in use.

1. Dive kit
2. Toiletries and towel
3. Clothes, wallet, keys
4. Tent (if camping), sleeping bag, and pillow

Btw, I bought my son a ScottEVest jacket for his birthday - to experiment - and he LOVES it!!!

(other then my dive equipment and camera rig)
I like to travel light,
-A super big jacket hoodie is a must.
-My portable charger for my phone cause thats where i store all my movies and music
- SPARE TAMPONS. (or my cuppie) THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.
- lots of conditioner (have long hair that tangles super easily after diving)

Btw, I bought my son a ScottEVest jacket for his birthday - to experiment - and he LOVES it!!!

I’m so glad to hear! It’s kind of dorky and silly but it’s so practical, especially for travel. My trench doubles as a blanket in a pinch and dresses up my dumpy plane and travel outfits a bit. Going through security, it’s easy to stash stuff in it and not worry about something falling out into the bins or the floor, etc. I ended up buying a hoodie as well for more casual, less weight concerning travel and running errands when I don’t want to take a bag. :)

My 3M waterproof bandages and tegaderm dressing was quite popular on my most recent liveaboard among other guests. They’re much better than standard bandaids and last and last and last on dives until you take them off.

Back
Top Bottom