Closed: Oceanic VTX With Transmitter (SOLD)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramon Corrêa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Oceanic VTX diving computer with 35 dives on it. Well maintained, and functions like new. Asking $800.
Sep18-6.jpg
Sep18.jpg
Sep18-4.jpg
Sep18-2.jpg
Sep18-3.jpg

I was considering this computer because I use older Oceanic VT models (just bought a backup right here on SB) and the color screen looks enticing but from the reviews I've read, the display is hard to see, there are pairing issues between transmitter and receiver, and the batteries don't last, has this been your experience? Why are you selling it?

So, the reviews are not completely wrong, but in my experience it is an incomplete analysis. When I do normal to deeper dives, I can read the computer just fine... Basically, if I'm below 35 ft or so, I'm usually ok. Where I have a difficult time reading it is on shallow shore dives. I just got my girlfriend into diving. She just got her OW cert, and we are doing a lot of shore diving at around 20ft in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL. At that shallow of a dive, I've been having a hard time reading the computer. So, I'm looking to swap it for something a little bit easier to read at that depth, and I'm potentially going to use this opportunity to upgrade to a Perdix Ai. So, brand new, I would not recommend the VTX since the Perdix Ai is cheaper, and by all accounts, better. However, at this price point it will be tough to find a computer that beats the functionality that I have found with the VTX (including bluetooth sync with phone apps), and a very pretty display. It really just depends on your diving type.

I personally have had no issues with pairing my transmitter and receiver nor have I had any issues with the battery. In either case, the battery for both is user replaceable, and I always carry extras with me just in case, but have never needed to use my backups.

I hope you find this helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom