CCR - SCR Mode

How much time have you practiced/been trained diving in SCR mode on your CCR?

• 10-30 Minutes

• 31-60 Minutes

• More than 60 minutes

• What is SCR Mode on a CCR?

• I don't know

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It also makes sense that since the open water priority is on ascending to resolve any problems, that teaching a recreational CCR diver anything other than bailing out at the first indication of a problem would be construed as posing additional risk.

Personally, I think that's a bad idea, as all things being equal, I'd rather have more knowledge than less. But we unfortunately have serious lawyer infestation in the US and consequently a very litigious society.

If a course is two days shorter it has to leave something out. If there is no ceiling and a 30m limit then bailing out will work. Why make it more complicated? If they want more options they can do the full course.

I'm sitting here thinking, at least with my meg, I'd have to have a complete failure of both primary and secondary electronics, to go SCR. Am I missing anything? Thats the only scenario I can see. We covered SCR mode in Mod 1, but never in mod2 or 3..

I'm sitting here thinking, at least with my meg, I'd have to have a complete failure of both primary and secondary electronics, to go SCR. Am I missing anything? Thats the only scenario I can see. We covered SCR mode in Mod 1, but never in mod2 or 3..

if you lose your O2 bottle, it allows you to stay on the loop for quite a bit longer than OC bailout. Important in caves

thx, hadnt thought through that scenario... Although in that scenario, I'd plug my o2 bailout into my meg and run manual. No different than running out of o2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom